Chapter 10: The Akatsuki Show Their Moves! (Sports Festival Part 4)

(3rd person POV)

Hearing the call of her name, Momo walked out to greet the cheering crowd. She nodded towards her opponent, who was the stoic Shoto Todoroki. Momo was a little bit nervous but she was confident in her abilities to beat Shoto. He nodded back.

Present Mic: ON THE LEFT, WE HAVE THE GIRL THAT CAN MAKE IT ALL! MOMO YAOYOROZU!

Momo looked around and waved as the crowd cheered for her.

Present Mic: AND ON THE RIGHT, WE HAVE THE COLD, CALM, AND CALCULATING! SHOTO TODOROKI!

Midnight looked at the two students before her and addressed them

Midnight: Are the both of you ready?

The two students nodded, not breaking eye contact.

Midnight: Alright. Begin!

Momo created a staff out of metal and started to spin it around. Shoto tapped his foot on the ground, freezing the floor. Momo jumped to avoid it. Shoto pointed his hand at Momo.

Shoto: Burn.

Shoto's flames jumped out of nowhere, blazing a zigzag path across the sky. Momo's eyes widened and she quickly created a barrier out of paper. The barrier barely held out against the potent flames. Flames that had been amplified by Shoto's own chakra control. There was one thing that Shoto brushed off. The one square of paper that was stuck to his cheek. All of a sudden, the paper on his cheek multiplied, soon covering his entire body other than his mouth. Momo's head appeared on Shoto's shoulder.

Momo: Do you yield?

Shoto struggled against the paper, trying to use his quirks. They were of no use as the chakra that was running through the paper seemed to nullify his quirks.

Shoto: I yield.

The paper flew off of Shoto's body and reformed on the other side of the arena as Momo.

Midnight: Momo wins!

Momo smiled and waved at the crowd, but her eyes soon locked onto a pair of red eyes sitting in the class 1-A bleachers. Madara smiled at her and gave an approving nod, which made her blush. She walked off of the field and high-fived Itsuka as they passed each other. When Momo arrived at the 1-A bleachers, she saw an empty seat beside Madara. She moved quickly to take the seat. Madara looked at her, before slowly reaching his arm around her. She jumped a little at the sudden touch, but didn't move away. Momo leaned into the embrace and rested her head on Madara's shoulder. Madara grinned knowing what the next round would be, and how quick it might be.

Itsuka looked up as the crowd cheered the two onto the field. She looked over at her opponent and locked eyes with him.

Itsuka: Were you allowed to use 'them'?

Kirishima shook his head.

Midnight: Are the two of you ready?

They both nodded.

Midnight: Begin!

Itsuka enlarged her hands with her quirk and punched at Kirishima. He managed to block with his quirk. He slid forwards on his knees and grabbed Itsuka by the waist. Itsuka made a noise when she felt Kirishima's arms around her waist. Before she knew it, she was on the ground in pain as Kirishima had suplexed her.

 Before she knew it, she was on the ground in pain as Kirishima had suplexed her

Kirishima was walking around the downed Itsuka like a wolf staring at its prey. Itsuka slowly stood up. She was in a bit of pain from the suplex. Once she managed to get up, she had to immediately block as Kirishima rushed her, attacking her with a barrage of punches and kicks. Itsuka managed to get out of the range of Kirishima's attacks, which allowed her enough time for one attack. She put a large amount of chakra into her hands and slashed the air twice.

Itsuka: Wind style: Duplex Blades

The attack hit Kirishima's hardened body and pushed him out of the ring, giving Itsuka the win.

She held her fist up in a victory pose before falling over, unconscious.

Chapter End