one

"Ian Gallagher!" Maisie Milkovich stood outside Kash and grab waving her bat around, waiting for the ginger, freckled boy to make an appearance. "You messed with the wrong girl" Mickey barged past his sister walking straight into the shop his two cousins following behind.

"You tryna scare him off dipshit" Maisie walked into the shop squeezing past the two boys who stood behind her brother and looking at him in annoyance. "What the fuck you doing with a bat, wearing that" he cursed staring down at his sister who had clearly been taking fashion tips from Mandy.

The noise of heavy footsteps and a door slamming snapped the two siblings from their argument and sent them running to the storage cupboard door.

"Come here!"

"Get out here!"

"Mandy told us what you did, you piece of shit." Mickey hammered on the door trying to break it down with his sister's bat but the door was basically made of steel and wasn't budging for shit.

"He's gone. There's a door in the back of the storeroom." Kash told the group of Milkovich's as Mickey told the two boys to go search the alley quickly. "Tell fuckwit this is not over" Maisie glared up at the man swinging her bat towards him a couple times before Mickey dragged her off.

"Stop waving your bat in people's faces, you wanna get arrested" the black haired boy spat running a hand through his hair and looking over towards where Lip and Karen were walking.

"Can I wave my bat in her face" Maisie questioned. The red haired girl had never taken a liking to Karen Jackson, let alone the Gallaghers who now seemed to be all over her along with half of the south side including her brother.

"Gallagher, Karen" Maisie smiled sarcastically walking over to the pair while her brother went to find tweedledee and tweedledum. "Milkovich, how's it going" Lip smirked putting out the cigarette he had previously been using.

"Hey, got a B+ on that English paper you wrote for me." Mickey came walking over stroking his chin and ignoring the existence of Karen who remained stood there waiting for one of the boys to show her a bit of attention.

"Well, spread the word. Could use the business. I heard they're letting Iggy out of juvie."

"Yeah, yeah, Mom drove up to go get him. Throwing a party for him or some shit this weekend" Mickey smiled trying to appear as friendly as one could be when Mandy had told him his brother had raped her.

"Probably back in before then, yeah?" Lip commented with a chuckle Mickey laughing along with him.

"So, Ian messed with Mandy." Maisie intervened getting straight to the point when she realised the two were going to stand here all day making awkward conversation.

"Ian? Well, that's, uh... that's highly unlikely." Lip turned to Karen who let out a light laugh as if they knew something everyone else didn't.

"That's what Mandy told us. Mandy doesn't lie" Maisie spat quickly, going to defend her older sister. "Well, trust me, you got the wrong guy. And you might wanna stop taking fashion advice from your sister" Lip commented looking the girl up and down. It was the South Side so you could expect anything but it wasn't often you saw 10 year old's dressed as hookers.

"You wanna shut it" Mickey warned pointing his pool stick under the boys chin cutting his ventilation of for a second. "Right. The problem is that Ian's been avoiding us all day, and, uh, someone's got to get a beat-down till we find him"

"Could make an exception" Lip tried to compromise but any compromising Mickey may have done before was long gone after Lip commented on his younger sister's appearance. "Not really, though." Mickey sighed.

"Well, maybe, uh, Mandy's confusing Ian with any one of the other 400 dudes in the tenth grade she's already blown" Lip fired at the group causing Maisie to take her bat out from behind her back beating it into his stomach causing him to collapse to the ground before walking off leaving her brother and cousins to finish him off.

*

"Teach me how to do your eye makeup" Maisie begged throwing herself onto her sisters bed and staring up at the girl with pleading eyes. "Fine but just remember your 10 not 15" Mandy reminded the girl as she pulled her eyeshadow out from under her bed closing her bedroom door as Mickey and their dad started to argue again.

"You find Ian" she questioned looking down at the black eyeshadow in front of her and collecting it onto her makeup brush. "Mmm we kinda did but then he disappeared, found Lip though I hit with my bat and let Mick and the rest of them finish him off" Maisie grinned from ear to ear proud of her actions.

"Only shit Mae nice work" Mandy high fives her sister as the girl swung her legs of the bed walking over to the mirror and looking at herself in awe. "I look like you" she smiled. The red haired girl had always looked up to Mandy, mainly because she didn't actually have a proper parent figure to look up to and Mickey was too bothered about beating people than to play dress up and shit with her.

"Hey Mandy" Maisie turned round to face her sister a look of distress sat on her face as she averted her eyes down to her skirt. "Do you think I look like a hooker" she asked causing the girl to choke on her water confused where she had heard that word from.

"Why"

"Just Lip made a comment on my outfit and Mickey and Lip both looked at me funny" she whispered sitting back down next to her sister as she played with her hair nervously. "Maybe lay off my fashion tips until your 12 maybe 13" Mandy recommended handing her sister a bag of her old clothes.

She pulled out a pair of low rise jeans and a black tank top, a couple more jeans, one skirt, some more tank tops and a cap. "Stick to these for now" she ruffled her sisters hair before standing up and walking out the bedroom when she heard the shouting settle down and someone storming out.