five

"Hey kid this where the Gallagher's live" a man rolled the window down in his truck smiling at her. "I don't know" she lied trying to walk off but he kept driving towards her. "So where you going" he questioned but she carried on walking pretending he wasn't there.

"Listen here kid, you lie, you die, is this where the Gallagher's live" he asked again holding a gun up outside his window. "Go fuck yourself" she screamed running towards the Gallagher household slamming the door behind her.

"Maisie what the fuck" Fiona screeched as the girl ran into the kitchen hiding under the table. "There's some guys outside looking for you all" she cried as Steve quickly cleared the rest of the kids out the house for school.

"Frank forgot to pay" two men walked into the house slamming the door behind them. "Get the fuck out of my house." she yelled grabbing the bat from the sofa and pointing it at them. Maisie crawled out from under the table trying to sneak out the back but the man had already seen her.

"Hey kid what did I say happened if you lied" the man laughed taking a step forward but Fiona got ready to swing her bat at his hand. He held his hands up in surrender taking a step back, "You should dead-bolt your door. This is a dangerous neighborhood."

"Frank doesn't live here anymore." Fiona gulped. "Yeah, well, just 'cause he don't live here anymore, doesn't mean you don't know where he lives now. Put the bat down, pick up the phone, and tell him to get us the six grand he owes." the other man ordered and Fiona looked at them in confusion eyes flicking back and forth between the two.

"Or bring back the car. Or we'll come back and use the bat on you." they threatened walking out the house but not before glaring at the girl who remained stood in the kitchen frozen to the spot.

*

"Jesus, Frank! Two assholes busted into our house looking for you and some car?" Fiona burst into the Alibi her hand clasped around Maisie's wrist. She hadn't let the girl out her sight this morning after the men had threatened her.

"Did they follow you here?" he panicked getting up of his stool and downing the rest of his drink quickly. "Where is it?" she questioned letting go of Maisie as she sat down on the stool next to Franks, Kev pouring her a coke which she happily drank.

"I was invited to participate in a business venture."

"What did you do with the money?"

"That's just it! I wasn't given any money up front! I was simply promised that money would be shared with me once an insurance claim was... was settled. Has that promise been delivered upon? No. No, it has not." the man exclaimed looking round the bar for some support.

"I warned you, Frank." Kev spoke up, Fiona looking over at him surprise. "You knew about this and you didn't tell me?" she exclaimed, Maisie letting out a low whistle shaking her head. "Do you want me to charge you for that" Kev raised his brows making a signal of money with his hands.

Maisie put a finger up to her lips promising to keep them shut. "Fi, I don't have the time to call you every time Frank has a bad idea." he snapped going back to pouring another drink. "I'll talk to them." Frank sighed trying to make calm of the situation.

"Oh, yeah? And say what? 'Hey guys, sorry I forgot to light the car on fire.'" Kev mocked shaking his head as Maisie's mouth hung open in shock. "You set someones car on fire" she shouted, "I was not doing the igniting. I was just doing the "park in a remote location." Unfortunately, I had to make a pit stop, and when I got back, the car was gone." he corrected everyone somehow thinking he had made the situation better but he hadn't.

"You're gonna take care of this. Now."

"Could go to Jersey for a while. Stay with your Great Uncle George." Frank suggested, doing what he did and trying to run away from the situation. "No. You're staying here, and you're gonna take care of this car, 'cause you're also gonna be here to take care of Carl. He needs you to show up for him at Parents Night to discuss behavioral problems." Fiona handed her dad the piece of paper which included every single thing he had done.

"These sound like solutions, not problems." the man scoffed putting the piece of paper down. "Oh yeah he kicked Joey Kingsley's arse because he was being a dick to a load of girls, slammed this other kids head in the locker because he'd stole his candy Carl had gotten from the vending machine" Maisie laughed telling the two reasons for Carl's fights.

"See" Frank pointed to the girl. "The school disagrees." Fiona sighed. "He's a boy. This is what boys do! When I was growing up, Joe Palazzo bit off a kid's finger." Frank told everyone, Maisie laughing at his first statement.

"Just because he's a boy doesn't mean it excuses everything, I'm a girl, I get in fights pretty much everyday and you never hear anyone saying she's a girl, it's what they do" she told Frank her face burning up in anger. "Actually does anyone want to pretend to be my dad or mum, dads done a runner and haven't seen mum in ages, school says if I don't get someone in soon I'll be kicked out" she pouted, Fiona looked up at Kev with pleading eyes feeling sorry for the girl.

"Kev and V will do it" Fiona smiled. Kev widened his eyes sticking his finger up at the woman in annoyance. "You can take it up with V" the man yelled handing the phone over to the woman, the other end being V.

"She agreed" Fiona smiled sticking her tongue out at the man because he thought the woman would disagree with the whole thing. "Great, see you tonight at 6 outside the Gallagher's house and I hope you have a car of sort because I ain't walking" she smiled jumping up from her seat thanking Kev for the free drink and throwing her coat back on.