Chapter 12

"Well, have you learned anything?" Ganthet asked one of the other Lanterns as they looked over the salvaged cruiser.

"Actually, it looks like the pods were set on a timer and it should be expiring now." the Lantern said, right as the pods opened and they saw two figures inside.

Both of them were clearly thanagarians, based on their hawklike wings and and their bird shaped helmets, but one was a man and the other was a woman. The man looked like a middle aged black human, wearing bronze battle armor that was clearly made out of some kind of Nth metal alloy.

The woman looked like a young, olive skinned human woman who had a slender but also voluptuous physique and underneath her helmet, they could see her long jet black hair. She was wearing similar armor to the man, but her armor was clearly tailored more to her feminine physique and wasn't quite as revealing.

"Who are they?" James asked.

"We don't know yet. However, we did run scans on them while in the pods and we did find something interesting." Ganthet said.

"Interesting how?" James asked.

"One of the tests we ran was a dimensional scan on them and they appear to carry a dimensional resonance that is not of this universe. In fact, as far as we know, there are no universes in the vast expanse of the multiverse that resonate at the same frequency as them." Another Guardian, Ranakar, said.

"Really?" James asked, wondering if that could be a side effect from Crisis.

"Yes, and interesting enough, they have something in common with you, like you did when you first arrived on Oa, they possess tiny trace amounts of antimatter particles on them. Something that normally should not be possible." Ganthet said

"What does that mean?" James asked.

"It would appear that like you, they are survivors of the Crisis of the Multiverse, though their world was destroyed." Appa Ali Apsa said.

"Wait, you know about the Crisis?" James asked in shock.

"We are all knowing immortals from the planet Maltus. We are aware that this multiverse is not the original. Especially since we have been in contact with another of our kind, Mar Novu, since like us, he is also from Maltus. We're aware of the Crisis and we intend to prevent it from happening again. One of our duties is to keep watch over the AntiMatter universe, to ensure that the barrier that separates it from the multiverse remains intact and that it is not breached by another moron like Nash Wells did. It's humans like him that give us such a low opinion of humanity." Ranakar said.

"I won't argue with you there. There's a reason most humans don't just blindly put their faith in entities claiming to be gods." James said.

"With good reason. However, because of this, once they've regained consciousness, we'd like you to take them back to Earth, since that seems like the most logical place to take them." Ganthet said.

"How can we be sure they won't cause more problems?" James asked, since Earth had enough supervillain problems without him bringing two new ones to the party.

"We've already used our telepathy to scan their minds. They are noble warriors. They were part of Thanagarian law enforcement in their universe. I trust they will make fine allies for you in your world, since I'm not certain that returning them to Thanagar is a good idea." Ganthet assured James, who nodded.

"Okay then. Now, how do we wake them up?" James asked, right as the man's eyes opened and he shot out of his pod, clearly in attack mode.

Okay, yes, these are Hawks, but not the same ones from the Canon. I'll explain more in the next chapter, but these are not the Carter Hall and Kendra Saunders from Legends of Tomorrow. I'm not sure if they'll show up yet and even if they do in what capacity. Also, in this story, Hawkman is played by Aldis Hodge, who played Hawkman in the Black Adam movie and Hawkgirl is played by Camilia Mendes, who plays Veronica Lodge on Riverdale.