Please don't leave me - Leyden.

I walk out of the gym; I can't do it today. I walk up to the wall with the built in trophy case and just slide down the wall, putting my knees to my chest and I just start crying again. I can't deal with not knowing what's wrong with my sister. Last, I head she was in a coma. My twin sister, my day one, my built in best friend tried to kill herself and is in a coma, and here at school. 

"Nixon... are you alright." Fuck. It's Aurelia. I light my head off my knees, not bothering to wipe my tears, because she probably knows by now.

"I'm so sorry about yesterday, Ley. I really do care how you are feeling. I'm sorry if I made it seem like I was gonna use this against you." She said, her voice breaking a little. I've never seen her cry or be even close to crying. 

"No. I jumped to conclusions. I was stressed and I just... I don't know what I was doing." I say while my voice breaks. Aurelia sits down next to me, placing her head against the wall, while tilting her head up to look at the ceiling.

"How's she doing?" Aurelia says, turning her head to me and breaking the silence.

"She uh-" that's all I manage to say before tears started falling again. She just looks at me, her look seems very empathic. I somehow manage to swallow the lump in my throat. 

"Shes in a coma now." I let out with a shaky voice. I put my head back at my knees, but I realize Aurelia didn't say anything after that.  I tilt my head to the side to look at her, and she has tears falling from her eyes. 

"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't be the one crying right now." She says with a slight shake to her voice, wiping her tears away. 

"Can I give you a hug? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity." She asked me, trying to lighten the mood. 

"Sure." I reply to her, I soon feel her arms wrap around my neck loosely, feeling her warmth. I can't help but star crying on her shoulder. I'm pretty sure she did the same thing. We stayed there for a while it felt like before I pulled out of the hug. We both wiped the tears off of our own faces and composing ourselves. Then, I stood up off the ground and dusted off my ass to make sure none of the dirt got on me.

"This never happened. I will deny everything if you try and bring it up." I say to Aurelia before walking back into the gym to my soccer team.  Aurelia came back to class around 10 minutes later, but she just stood there and didn't participate which is abnormal for her. Soon after, the bell rang and I changed back into my sweatpants.

Before I knew it, school was over, and I was driving to the hospital to see Livy. I emailed my coach and told him I couldn't be at practice, and I explained the situation. The traffic is horrible, and the hospital is thirty minutes away. 

I finally beat the traffic and I'm walking in the lobby; the smell of cleaning product, stale air and antiseptic filled my nostrils. I walked up to the lady at the front desk.

"Hi! uhm- I'm here to see Livy Nixon." I say to the lady, who then starts typing on her computer.

"Relation to the patient?" She asks blatantly without even looking up at me. 

"Brother, twin brother." I reply, my voice shaking a little.

"Room 222, here's your wristband." She tells me, handing me a white wristband that just says 'Tuesday' on it. I put it on the walk up to the elevator and press level 2. The elevator goes up, then dings as the door opens. I walk the hallway, reading the sign 'rooms 220-235' with an arrow. Its pointing to the ICU. My heart dropped. I continued walking, and I finally found my sister's room. I knock quickly and my mom opened the door. She looks like a mess but I'm not going to mention that to her. I walk in to see my sister and I can feel my heart shatter looking at her like that. Her hair is still messy, her arms have bandages on them, she has an IV, a feeding tube, a heart monitor and so many other things hooked up to her. I couldn't do anything but stare at her.

"You okay dear?" My mom asks me. I don't even know what to say, If I say no, I'll worry her but if I say yes, it seems like I don't care about Livy.

"I don't know." I reply back to her.

"Can I have a minute to talk to her? Alone." I ask, looking at my mom and dad. They look at each other and nod before walking out of the room together.

"Livy..." I say, grabbing a chair and dragging it to the side of her bed and taking a seat. 

"Why didn't you text me, call me, or just talk to me. I could've helped you." I say, grabbing her hand and rubbing my thumb across her knuckles and fingers gently. 

"I wish I knew you felt that way Liv. You scared the hell out of all of us. Why didn't you come to me? You know I love you and care so much about you Liv. You are my best friend, my day one. I'd die for you and if I lose you, I would be missing half of myself." I say to her while my voice is breaking, now lying my head on her arm.

"I'm sorry If I caused you any pain. I feel guilty still for being the cause of your eating disorder, I wish I would've been nicer to you in middle school. I'm so sorry If any of this is my fault. God Liv, you dent know how much we all love you. Aurelia cried with me on the school floor today because we are scared were going to lose you." I continue, knowing she won't reply.

"Please don't leave me Livy, I need you."