The Alliance

Inara did not know what they were waiting for, but she knew as they were still where they crashed that people looked at her with disgust and grimaces on their faces, she showed no signs of insecurities on her face, she held calm on her face like always, analizing these men staring at her with pure disgust and she knew if it weren't for Nikolai she may have a bullet in her head by now.

She noticed the tight grip around thru rifles when they walked past her, she was no Saint, she was considered the bad guy, but has she done anything to prove herself as the bad guy? No. But everyone based their knowledge on myths and now, since some have been proven to be true they fear her as she once feared them.
After a while, they were given six horses, and one their way they stayed silent.

Until Nikolai Lantsov spoke.
"My jaw feels much better now thank you for asking".
"You can tell everyone you were punched by a Volcra. Be the least or the lies you've told" Alina replied.

"I thought we had the beginnings of a beautiful friendship".

"Friends don't hide who they are from each other"

"You make it sound so simple, the truth is you so what you have to to protect the people you love. I expect you have some experience with that".
Alina turned around and looked at Mal, Inara shared a brief look with Mal before looking in front of her.
"My reasons were much the same. As Nikolai Lantsov, royal to the throne, there was nothing I could do for the people I love. People of my impoverished war-ravaged country.
Sturmhond on the other hand-"
"Was a pirate" Alina said.

"Privateer. How many timer do I-"
"How is that any more helpful than a prince?"
Inara was way too tired to keep on listening and looked around only to hear someone else's voice from besides her.
It was Mal, he had gotten closer with his horse.
"You didn't seem surprised" he whispered, Inara looked at him confused on why he was speaking to her she still responded.
"About what?"

"About him being Nikolai Lantsov, prince of Ravka" he lowered his voice even more, the two in front of them were still speaking.
"I have much more to be surprised about, Mal" she told him and he nodded but still did not let go off the conversation.
"And he knew you were the Moon Summoner".

"I trust him, Mal" she said calmly now surprised there was no disgust in his voice, he knew who she was and yet he didn't share the other's feelings about her being the Moon Summoner.

Oh, Saints.

"I see you've known him long enough to trust him with your secret, Inara. What makes you think he won't have you beheaded?"
Inara took a deep breath.

Is he curious or just acting like a dick?

She tucked her long brown hair behind her ear before answering "If Alina was in my place, would you sell her out?"

"Of course not".
"Then you have the answer you needed".

"It was just curiosity I di-"
"It fine, Mal. It's difficult to know that trust still exists these days. But here we are trusting one another."

"I guess you're right".
"I know".

"Welcome to the Spinning Wheel".
A Grish sanctuary, a place for Grisha Refugees.
Inara got off her horse. Her feet hit the ground and she stared at the Sanctuary.
She took a few steps forward and whsieored to herself "It's beautiful" it really was, "It is" she heard from besides her and did not need to turn around to know who that was.
Nikolai then looked at the Sanctuary and walked besides Inara.

Inej's image popped in Inara's mind, oh how she missed her closest friend, their talks, the laughs.
Every day she replayed manybloments she spent with Inej inside her mind.
Would she ever see her again?
She promised her she would. She promised to get her own ship and haunt slavers together.
That would still happen if she did not die.