Bloody Promotion (Vampire x Reader)- Part 2

(Vampire x Reader)

"That was a little uncalled for don't you think?" You ask him, his strut was so long that every few steps you had to make a hurried little shuttle just to keep pace behind him.

"I certainly don't, they lost us millions. " He retorted, not bothering to slow down as he presses the elevator button. There were two other people waiting for the same door but one glance at the intimidating specter that was Atlas and they started for the stairs instead as you simply roll your eyes.

"Yes, but yelling at them is not a sound leadership method." You respond, breathing through your teeth to not catch your breath too loud.

"They lost us millions because they missed the fucking deadline by 5 minutes, because they didn't check the fucking time zones." He snarled and you bite your lip to keep from responding. Despite his difficult demeanor, the man certainly had a point.

"Well, while you finished screaming and firing. . ." You had to count on your clipboard, you had taken to just crossing off the names at this point it happened so often. It was an HR nightmare but not a headache he had to deal with directly, just one that you got an earful from to relay to Atlas though after the second time it happened you didn't bother. "Nathan, Kirk, and Daniel. I backed up the interviews for the new operations team manager until 2pm tomorrow so there is time for lunch and the interviewees don't meet the ex-employees on their way out. " 

"Hmmm," He murmured stepping into the elevator and you follow quickly. After about the first week you had learned to wear kitten heels or flats except for meetings and wearing proper heels again for this out of office excursion was murdering your feet. But you knew that sound, he expected more, or he remembered something you didn't and was waiting for you to apologize and mention it. 

Unfortunately, this time you had no clue what it was. That meeting had been a disaster and the quickly worded email to HR and legal were barely sent before the three had stormed out, obviously pissed over just getting fired for a "simple mistake". Simple mistake. . . why did that remind you of something? You tap the pen against your lips trying to think as the elevator begins to move.

Shit. "After lunch you have your old friends visiting. Niall and James will be here around 3pm. I am not sure what the discussion was you just told me to pencil them in." You slowly trail off as you notice him staring at you. He rarely looked directly at you, it was also slightly over your head or directly in front of him, never at you. 

"And what time is it now?" He asked, lips barely moving as he stared unblinkingly. 

"2:36." You mutter, you had to look away, but those black eyes were practically entrancing. You could fall into them forever, they felt like they were swallowing you but in the best of ways, despite all his coldness the man was excellent at his job and a generally great boss as long as you were on his good side. He expected perfection but gave criticism and encouragement to get there, he didn't leave you floundering if you were stuck or got something wrong just corrected it and explained how to do it better. Though, his temper and strictness could be. . . off putting to say the least.

"Lovely." It wasn't obvious to most, but you could see how tense he was when he finally blinked and looked away breathing out slowly to center himself. You had lasted a lot longer than most of his assistants apparently, but it was your attention to details and organization that kept you in this place. 

Were you going to risk it all? Just like this? You followed his lead down the hall back to his office, did you ask him now? Did you just slip in your resume to the pile and put yourself on the list to be interviewed? No, you needed to ask him, he was the one interviewing and you couldn't just show up and ask for the job. Even if that was practically what you were doing regardless.