Shade & Plasmasonic (S.O.S.)#1: The Dream

CUT TO: NORTH CENTRAL DISTRICT, BEDROCK

INT. TO̅MI'S HOUSE - NIGHT

TO̅MI LIES ASLEEP IN HER BED AND DREAMS WHILE DOING SO.

<BEGIN DREAM>

TO̅MI WANDERS IN IHIOSADORE OBSERVING THE SUNSET, HER TRAVEL SEEMS TO BE AIMLESSLY PURPOSEFUL AS IF SHE IS TRAVELING A BEATEN PATH TO A LOCATION BUT IS UNSURE OF WHAT SHE IS SEARCHING FOR. DIFFERENT COLORS OCCUPY THE SKY AT ONE TIME THAT WOULD NORMALLY BE JUXTAPOSED WITH ONE ANOTHER. THE VEGETATION, MUCH LARGER AND MORE PLENTIFUL THAN THAT OF EARTH, IS UNKEMPT WITH VIBRANT COLORS REPRESENTING A HEALTHINESS THAT IS UNRIVALED. TO̅MI WALKS TO A CLIFF AND LOOKS OUT ONTO A MASSIVE LAKE. LOOKING TO HER RIGHT SHE SEES A FAINT REMNANT OF A PATHWAY THAT LEADS TO A HIDDEN AREA WITHIN A LARGE GROTTO. TO̅MI HEARS THE FAINT SOUND OF SINGING AND BEGINS TO FOLLOW THE SOUND. JUST AS SHE IS ARRIVING AT THE AREA SHE BEGINS TO ENTER THE GROVE BUT NOT BEFORE HEARING THE FAINT SOUND OF A FEMALE SPEAKING TO HER.

[Unknown Female Elf]

I'm sorry, To̅mi, but I can't let you enter the grove yet.

[To̅mi]

...Who're you?

[Unknown Female Elf]

I long for the day when I can tell you, To̅mi. See you face to face. That kind, brave girl that helped me so long ago. However, at this moment, it is unsafe for you to be aware of that knowledge.

[To̅mi]

...I don't understand. You're quite the quagmire you know that? I'm walking in this place between clarity and forgetfulness. It's quite troubling.

[Unknown Female Elf]

I know. The memory tugs at your mind. It's the question you want but not the question you need. I can assure you that we will cross paths again someday, To̅mi. Right now, I need you to wake up.

[To̅mi]

Wait-!

<END OF DREAM>

TO̅MI WAKES UP IN HER BED, LOOKS AT THE CLOCK IN HER ROOM, AND SEES THAT IT'S 5:45 AM.

[To̅mi]

(Thinking)

Who... is that girl?

TO̅MI LAYS BACK DOWN IN HER BED WITH AN EXASPERATED EXPRESSION.

CUT TO: WEST DISTRICT; BEDROCK.

EXT. WOODS - EARLY MORNING

A PORTAL OPENS IN THE WOODS, ELFEN SCOUTS EXIT IT AND THEY BEGIN TO HEAD TOWARD BEDROCK.

[Elfen Scout#1]

There are at least two here. Scouts in the past have said that much.

[Elfen Scout#2]

Yes, a halfling and a pedigreed. She will be the most difficult to deal with.

[Elfen Scout#3]

How hard could it be? She's on her own and we will have the element of surprise.

[Elfen Scout#1]

I honestly have no idea why the pedigreed would choose to belittle themselves like this. Who would leave the glory and splendor of Ihiosadore to dwell in this dull and destitute realm? To make matters worse she defiled herself further by creating an impure offspring. Are there not countless and ample suitors for her to choose from?

[Elfen Scout#2]

To be an elf is to be epithalamically tethered to self-assuredness and possess an unparalleled curiosity. This must have been the path that they were set on.