Communication is Important, But Don't Tell People Everything

Summary

Xisuma arrives at the station and talks to both Pearl and Grian. Pearl talks to her friends about work.

Saturday, February 11

Like promised, the Hermitcraft admin arrived at 1000 sharp. At first sight, Pearl did not think that the man who walked into the station would be Xisuma. While the look of the guy made sense, his photo in the database is Xisuma wearing Void armor. Pearl did not expect some average-looking guy wearing a Doom t-shirt and jeans. He didn't even have a coat. But when he waved over at Pearl, it clicked.

"Good morning, Detective," he shook Pearl's hand.

"Good morning to you as well, X," Pearl nodded, trying to not show her confusion on how the man was not wearing a coat or freezing to the touch. "Thank you for coming in. Please, take a seat." She motioned to a chair pulled up next to her desk. "Oh, and that's Tilly, my partner in crime. I first want to ask you some questions about Grian and his history on the server, simple things like that. Then I'll let you go and have a chat with him. Sounds good?"

"Sounds good."

"Alright. So, how and when did Grian join your server?"

"People join our server with another Hermit, that's what we call ourselves, recommending them. A man named Mumbo recommended for Grian to join, they had met at some point and got along well. And that was Season 6 so...mid-2019."

"Was anything ever off about him?"

"Well, this is Hermitcraft we're talking about. Everyone's a bit odd. He was a bit more chaotic than some of the others, but nothing out of the ordinary."

"When he left, did he ever say anything beforehand or show any signs of leaving?"

"No, not really. He and some others were talking about a fun little mini-game server he was making. The others came back with...odd, half-finished stories and Grian never did. I don't ask the others about that server too much."

"I understand. Two of my friends were on it, and something happened there. Who was he close with?"

"Two friends? Well, uh, it was mainly Mumbo and Scar. Mumbo's a human restoner with building knowledge as well. Scar is like some mixture between Vex and Wizard, he's really clumsy but a great builder."

"And what was the last time you had contact with Grian? You or others, as far as you know."

"The end of the server he made was the last time some Hermits heard from him. Others it was before him and the others left. But we figured it out quickly that he was the server-hopping guy causing so many people trouble."

"Well, X, that's all the questions I have for you." Pearl stood up, "Please walk and talk with me."

Xisuma stood up and motioned for Pearl to lead the walk.

"I'm going to place you into an interrogation room, you'll be alone for a second. I will be in the observation room, the window transparent. My job is to make sure nothing goes wrong, I won't be listening in. But Tilly will be in the room. Alright?"

By now they had reached an interrogation room. Xisuma hesitantly nodded, "Yeah. Anything you want me to ask him?"

"No, just talk to him," Pearl opened the door and let Xisuma in. She had Tilly walk in and sit in her same spot by the door. "Be back in a minute." Xisuma nodded from his seat at the table and Pearl closed the door.

Traveling through the halls once more, Pearl soon reached the holding cells. The hunched figure of Grian didn't move when Pearl entered the cell. She lightly tapped his wrist, a silent way of telling people she's going to put handcuffs on. Grian looked up at the touch and his face contorted to sadness, Pearl's stayed in neutrality. With a calm sadness, Grian held his arms out and Pearl secured the handcuffs. And with the same emotion, Grian followed Pearl back to the interrogation room.