10 - HER

[Chapter 10]

I was going clubbing.

It would end my streak of not clubbing and fucking with random guys today.

It had been three long years since I last went clubbing, and those years got filled with self-imposed restrictions and a vow to stay away from the toxic cycle I had once been a part of. But tonight, everything felt different, and the temptation to break my streak was overwhelming.

It wasn't just about going out and having fun anymore. No, it was about escaping the constant thoughts of Alexander that had plagued me since he reappeared in my life.

He seemed to have resided in my head, dominating my thoughts day and night. He stayed a dark and magnetic presence that refused to get ignored, no matter how much I tried to push him away.

I applied a thick layer of mascara, trying to distract myself, and then smacked my lips as I smeared my favorite lipstick or, as per Travis's words, it was 'fuck me red lipstick.'

'

God, what was wrong with me? Why was I letting him get under my skin in this way? I had fought so hard to move on from him, to build a life without him, and suddenly he was back, awakening all the feelings and emotions I thought I had buried deep ...

God, what was wrong with me? Why was I letting him get under my skin in this way? I had fought so hard to move on from him, to build a life without him, and suddenly he was back, awakening all the feelings and emotions I thought I had buried deep within.

I took a step back and looked in the mirror. The dark smokey eyes and enticing red lips made for an attractive look, a mask that concealed the fragility behind them. For tonight, I'd be someone different. Someone-who wasn't plagued by memories of a man I should have forgotten a long time ago.

----

The club was alive with throbbing music that resonated off the walls and into my chest. A kaleidoscope of bright lights danced over the dimly lit room, casting shadows that swayed in time with the music. The air was thick with perfumes, sweat, and the promise of unbridled fun.

On the dance floor, bodies moved in unison, their movements smooth and carefree. Strangers became friends as they laughed and swayed together, unified by the night's enticing energy. The music's bass vibrated through the floor, stimulating the atmosphere with a palpable buzz.