12 - HIS

[Chapter 12]

Daisy stayed obedient in the car, her eyes locked onto my hand. My jaw clenched as I tried to push back the dark thoughts that urged me to take her here and right now.

It was infuriatingly tempting—how vulnerable she appeared, her eyes fluttering with that tipsy smile. My heart pounded in my chest, desire and frustration warring within me.

Did she not realize how delectable she looked? How much power did she hold over me?

I stole glances at her, her tousled hair and flushed cheeks making her look even more irresistible. It took every ounce of strength not to give in to the temptation, to pull over and take her right then and there.

The urge to claim her was overwhelming, but I knew I couldn't act on it—my woman was drunk, and I could not take advantage of her in this state. No woman deserved that.

I pulled over, removing my seatbelt.

"Where are you going?"

Her innocent question about my whereabouts only fueled my possessive desires further. I couldn't just leave her alone, not in this state. She was mine to take care of, even if she didn't realize it yet.

"Stay put," I commanded—it left no room for argument. Daisy pouted, but surprisingly, she listened and remained seated in the car.

I got out of the car and walked around to her side, my heart pounding as I opened her door. Her scent enveloped me like a warm embrace, a heady mix of roses and sandalwood that drove me wild. It was intoxicating, and I could feel myself becoming consumed by her presence.

I tried to maintain my composure as I undid her seatbelt, but being so close to her was like testing my restraint. Her eyes locked onto mine, and I could see a flicker of recognition in them.

Did she realize who I was?

With my arms underneath her legs, I pulled her closer, lifting her effortlessly into my embrace. It felt so natural as if she belonged in my arms all along.

Her body felt soft against mine, and I could feel the heat radiating from her skin. I felt a lump in my throat—I did not want to let her go.

My primal instincts roared to life as I held her close, my body pressed against hers. I wanted to claim her, mark her as mine. No, no, it would scare her away. I can't let that happen.

Instead, I held her close, my arms cradling her delicately as if she was the most precious thing in the world. And to me, she was. She was the one I had waited for, the one who had ignited a flame within me that refused to be quelled.

I couldn't help but feel a surge of desire shoot through me as her hands instinctively wrapped around my neck, pulling me closer to her. Her hazy eyes locked with mine, and at that moment, I wanted nothing more than to lose myself in her.

Damn me for falling so deeply for her. If only I could reverse the time. Only if... *sigh* it was of no use.

Carrying her in my arms, we made our way to the private elevator which led to the top floor where my penthouse awaited. The doors closed, enclosing us in a small, intimate space.

I could feel her warm breath on my neck, sending shivers down my spine. "Daisy," I murmured, my voice almost a whisper.

"What?" she replied with a mischievous glint in her eyes as if she had no idea the effect she was having on me. This lass.

"Behave," I managed to say, my voice slightly shaky. This woman had a way of unraveling me like no one else could.

Her playful words danced in the air, stirring something primal within me. Her intoxicated state seemed to have loosened her inhibitions, and she was toying with the boundaries, testing my control.