23 - HER

[Chapter 23]

I don't remember anything that happened in the last 24 hours. My body feels like a truck ran over it. Brilliant.

I rolled into the bed, my body freezing, realizing this bed was way more comfortable than my pockets could afford. Score one for luxury kidnapping, I suppose. I am not in my bed. Duh. I'm the Einstein of deduction today.

Jerking, I got up to find myself in an unknown room. Ah, the joy of waking up in a stranger's lair. I hope they at least have the decency to serve breakfast or something. A continental breakfast would be a nice touch, just saying.

I looked around as the place overwhelmed me. "Well, aren't we fancy?" I muttered to myself. Plush furniture, classy decor—I half-expected a red carpet leading to the bathroom. But no, only a regular kidnapped-person suite.

My head throbbed, and it wasn't from the chic interior. It hit me like a wave. Alexander. Of course. Who else would have the audacity to kidnap someone with such a flair for dramatic decor?

"Congratulations, Alexander, you've officially made it onto my 'People I Regret Meeting' list," I mumbled.

The hallway outside looked just as posh as the room. "I should have known. Kidnappers these days know how to pick their venues." I paused, my hand on my forehead as if that would somehow stop the headache from intensifying.

The thought of Alexander orchestrating this entire charade annoyed me, but a part of me couldn't deny the thrill of the unexpected.

I walked to the balcony, the cool breeze of the countryside brushing against my face. As I stepped onto the weathered stone terrace, my jaw dropped at the breathtaking sight that unfolded before me.

The old mansion, perched on a hillside, offered an enchanting view.

And then, the pièce de résistance—the azure expanse of the ocean sprawled beyond the hills, its waves whispering secrets to the rugged cliffs below

The sun, nearing the horizon, played a symphony of colors across the water, a dance of oranges, pinks, and purples mirroring the hues of an artist's palette