| 𝟑.𝟖

—"Except the unexpected

"Except the unexpected."

White was all I saw when I first gained consciousness.

I felt some mild pain spread across my chest.

I hear voices....and they sounded piss.

My groans of pain silenced them and speedy footsteps came beside me. "Princess?" One said, sounding relieved.

I could only groan in reply, wanting to curl into a ball. "Who?"

My eyes crack open only to shut upon the mass of light hitting them. A curse slips through my lips before I raise my non-aching arm to my head. My hand was suddenly grabbed by a large warm one and tingles gathered in my chest. Lips, soft and familiar, lay over my knuckles before they squeezed my fingers.

Creed.

The cliff.

The assailant.

I whimper as it all came rushing back to me. Those god-awful pictures of my papa's head. "Creed," I cry, my eyes still squeezed shut as the pain grew.

I hear him shudder as he settles his frame on whatever I was laying on. "Shhhh, it's okay, princess. It's okay."

Hiccups leave my throat. "It hu-hurts."

His minty breath was a whisper away from my face. I wanted to open my eyes and see him, but my eyes weren't cooperating. I try and force them open, but to no avail. "Stay still, princess. I'm going to get you some water."

He returned in seconds and grab the back of my neck. I'm sat up and a cold glass knocks my teeth. I sip slowly, water soothing the dryness in my throat.

Creed mumbles incoherently to someone behind him, exchanging fast hushed words.

"Princess I need you to sit up, okay."

I nod and sluggishly sit up with his help. Creed places a pillow behind me and with the shift of light I was able to ease my eyes open. I see him first and strained to say something. He shakes his head, his green eyes are the darkest I've seen in a long time. Worry lines creased his forehead and his growing hair brushed the skin there. He weaves a finger through my curls, gently racking his hand through, stopping by my ear. I tremble, gripping his wrist while we stare intimately into each other.

"We need to redress her wound. It's been an hour."

I hesitated to stray my stare from him before meeting the eyes of the older woman from earlier.

She saved me. Caught me before I fell.

Pursing my lips, I notice the way Creed slightly shifted in front of me—almost protectively. I peer between them, both of them stiffening with every following beat of silence. I sigh, gripping Creed's shoulder painfully with a grunt. He hadn't pulled his eyes away from my figure and kissed my wrist. "How are you feeling?" He asks.