Chapter 4: Mother

Curt, Jerry, and Brad are walking down a sidewalk. "So, Curt, what do you like to do for fun?" Jerry asked. "I like to swim." Curt responded. They walked down further on the sidewalk. Then Curt saw an elderly woman with a dress and gray hair. "Hello.." the woman said. "Woah...who are you?" Asked Brad. "I am Lila..." Lila replied. "It's nice to see you boys." Lila added. "My name is Brad. This is Jerry, and that's Curt." Brad introduced himself and the others. Lila heard the name Curt. Chills ran down her spine, next her rib cage. Meanwhile, Hannah is walking down a sidewalk. She sees a slimehound and a Carneline. The carneline spots Hannah. "Hello. You must be new." The carneline said. Hannah had a small smile on her face. "My name is Hannah. What's yours?" Hannah asked. "The names Marion." Marion said with a smile. And that is Jean." Marion said. Meanwhile, Lila is walking with Brad, Curt, and Jerry to the cafe. They entered the cafe, and Lila sat down on a chair. "Want me to get you somethint, ma'am?" Jerry asked politely. "I would like some coffee." Lila replied. Jerry and Brad went up to the cashier while Curt sat down on a chair. "Well, isn't this a nice place to drink coffee?" Lila said, feeling the atmosphere of the cafe. "It sure is." Curt replied. However, Curt saw something a bit off about Lila. She has yellow skin. Why does she have yellow skin? Curt got slightly suspicious about Lila. But he hid it. Hannah, Marion, and Jean also enter the cafe. "Hi Curt." Hannah said. "I made some new friends!" Hannah added. "This is Marion, and this is Jean." Hannah added again. "Well, that's Brad, and that's Jerry." Curt said. Lila looked at them all. With a cold stare. Although they didn't seem to notice. "Lila? Are you alright?" Curt asked. Lila broke out of her stare on them. "Oh? Oh, yes." Lila said. Jerry brought the coffee to Lila. Lila sips the coffee. "I have to go do some errands." Lila said. She then leaves the cafe. "That was a nice woman." Curt said. Everyone agreed. However, they do not realize who Lila REALLY is. Curt and Hannah, enter their house. "So, what do you think of the town?" Ginny asked them. "We made new friends!" Curt said. "Oh, that's nice!" Charile said. "There is this elderly lady that we met, her name is Lila. She is nice." Curt added. "An elderly woman, huh?" Charile said. "Well, I'm gonna read a book." Curt said as he went upstairs to his room. Then, someone is watching them through a window. The man watches Hannah go upstairs. Then the man goes away.