Chapter 2: Courtroom

Five years later, Spooky is in the courtroom. The judge is speaking. Then suddenly Jessica interrupts and began to speak. "Your Honor, my name is Mrs. Jessica. I have a petition here signed by 700 people against Doctor Spooky's release, including the relatives of the seven people he murdered. Doesn't that give me the right to speak out?" Jessica spoke out. "It does." The judge replied. Spooky is looking down. "I explained that her petition
had no effect
on these proceedings." The attorney said. Jessica looks scared.
"Why are you people just sitting there!? Don't you realize they're going to release a homicidal maniac!?" Jessica exclaimed. "I must ask you to sit down, or I'll have the bailiff to remove you from this courtroom.
If you've have any further questions, please discuss them with the district attorney after this hearing. The judge said."Why bother?" Jessica asked.
"It's all too obvious, our courts protect the criminals, not their victims." Jessica added, then she left the courtroom.
"Congratulations, Spooky." The attorney said. Spooky sat up as the attorney pat him on the back. They walk out of the courtroom. Jessica is calling someone on the phone. "I'll call you later." Jessica said as she hung up the phone. "Are you satisfied, doctor? Turning a murderer loose on an innocent public?" Jessica said, worried. "Mrs. Jessica, Spooky wasn't convicted of murder. He was found "not guilty" by reason of sanity." The attorney said. "That is just legal hocus-pocus! And when he murders again, YOU will be directly responsible." Jessica said. She walks out of the building. "Yep, that's Jessica." Spooky said. Meanwhile, Curt and Hannah, who are now teenagers, are getting ready to move to Massachusetts. Ginny is bringing them over there. "Well, what do you think of Massachusetts?" Curt asked Hannah. "I haven't been there before. But i think it's gonna be great." Hannah answered. "Curt! Hannah! Time to go!" Charile called out in the car. "Well, this is our last goodbye to this house." Hannah sighed. "We'll find new life in that coastal town." Curt said as he walked out of the house and into the car, and so did Hannah. They drive off. Curt and Hannah take one final look at the house before the car turns, and they can't see it anymore. Spooky is back at the Spooky Motel. He is painting the walls blue. Then, a man approached him. "Hello, Spooky." Said the man. Spooky was shocked that the man knew his name. "How did you know my name??" Spooky said, concerned. "I am Hygord. I heard about you before." Hygord said. "I know where Curt and Hannah are going. They are going to Massachusetts." Hygord added.