The Truth

Dove's POV

"You could never fool me. I see the way you  look at me." I sang to the tune of one of my favorite Amapiano songs. Allowing my body to sway sensually to sound of the saxophone.

I was in the kitchen, today I was really in the mood for cupcakes, red velvet to be exact. He loves them too, hopefully this will make him reconsider my punishment.

I'm not sure exactly what it is just yet, so I'm a little scared. I know he'd never really hurt me, but still no one looks forward to being punished.

I haven't heard too much from Janelle, after what happened that night. She'd called me several times trying to reach me, but of course, Devon told
him it'd be best if my phone was taken away, so that I wouldn't be "influenced by someone like her."

I'm worried about the guys, especially Mason.

When I tried asking Devon, things didn't turn out so well. He stopped what he was doing, and turned towards me slowly. I could see pure rage in his eyes, and I was terrified.

"He tried to take advantage of you, and somehow you still care about his well being?" He questioned. I can still remember how he looked at me, like I was dumb or something, and I hated that.

"For all I know, he's probably dead. Capo isn't a forgiving man," he spat, and then took off, leaving me alone to process his ruthless words.

My eyes began to water again just thinking about that moment. Mason wasn't a bad person, and I don't think he had any ill intentions. I just hope that he could also see that.

Quickly shaking off the memory, I slipped the cupcake batter into the pre-heated oven, then set the timer. Baked goods usually cheer me up.

I stepped out the back door and into the garden, it still takes my breath away.

Devon's POV:

I stood looking over the balcony, watching her.
The way the slight breeze lifted her dress
up into the air. She giggled, attempting to quickly cover herself again.

She spun around in the open pasture, her arms up in the air, basking in the sun.

His maddening obsession for her was displayed all over the place, but most especially in the garden. He named it "Dove's Pasture." I hate to admit it but t's actually quite beautiful.

The pasture was filled with one of a kind flowers, fruits, and little critters of all colors, variations, and species. There was even a sanctuary a few miles ahead that housed actual Doves, just for her.

I watched as she pranced around in the daisies. I could see why he was obsessed with her, she looked breath taking.

"You're in love with her." My head snapped to face Giovanni.

"I see the way you look at her, so longingly. Admit it, you want her." My teeth clenched, hearing his accusations.

"I'm not doing this right now." I couldn't lie, but I refused to at least tell the truth.

Something carnal in me wanted her all to myself. My inner demons wishing him the worst. I mean, how could he possibly deserve her? I can be everything she needs and more.

All those years ago, if only I'd claimed her when I had the chance. Having to watch his possessive, greedy hands touch her filled me with rage. Somehow, it felt like he was toying with me. Somehow, it felt like he could see right through
my mask.

However, I could never let my true intentions be revealed. I need his trust, without it, what little I have of her will be gone.

I'm here for one, and one reason only; to take back what belonged to me in the first place.

Author's Note:
——————-
I've been so encouraged my your comment
and votes to keep this story going.
I started this novel back in November of
last year, and was unsure until now if
anyone was reading. Suddenly, there's been
an influx of new readers, and i'm so
excited to see that!

Thank you for taking the time to read this book, especially for commenting, voting, and adding to your reading lists. Let's keep the momentum going, I hope you're just as excited as I am for their journey <3