Not-So-Good Ol' Days

The episode starts at the with Washington still staring in disbelief at the Island Fortress. Recovery Command is still on the Radio and is yelling at him.

RECOVERY COMMAND: (yelling) Recovery one? Wash? Are you still there?

WASHINGTON: Uh yeah-I'm here-I'm here.

RECOVERY COMMAND: (sigh of relief) Good. I thought maybe We've lost you too.

WASHINGTON: Huh?

RECOVERY COMMAND: Never mind. Recovery One, what's your status please-

WASHINGTON: Ash, is that really you?

RECOVERY COMMAND: (Silence) What did you just call me?

WASHINGTON: S-sorry. Four Seven Niner, I mean Command.

RECOVERY COMMAND: (impatiently) What is your status Recovery One?

WASHINGTON: I'm uh, engaging hostiles, going radio silent.

RECOVERY COMMAND: Negative, you're not allowed- (Wash cuts off Radio)

Washington marches across the beach a bit.

WASHINGTON: (Small sigh, to himself) Ok... Deep breathes, you-know-where-you-are, youknowwhereyouare... Up there, is the body of your old pal, York... surrounded by a bunch of other bodies, and... one son of a bitch "pretending" to be a body so that he can turn you... into a body... and that's fine, this is fine... (brief silence) No, damn it, this is not. fine...! Gotta get to Blood Gulch.

A Plasma grenade flies onto the nearby Warthog and then sticks to it before blowing it up.

WASHINGTON: Oh, for fucks sake.

Camera pans up slightly, revealing Wyoming up on top of the hill.

WYOMING: Ah, my dear Washington... and here I thought you'd come for the Delta AI.

WASHINGTON: Hello.. Wyoming. I don't suppose you'd happen to have a second Warthog lying around?

WYOMING: Hmm, but now that I know you intend to arrive in Blood Gulch, I'm afraid I can't let you leave. You see, I also have business to attend to... in that particular-

WASHINGTON: Ohhhhh shit.

WYOMING: (clears throat) Are you listening to-

WASHINGTON: I just realized the moment we rescue the Reds and Blues, Genkins will know what we're up to. He'll know we're a threat and stick to Carolina like flypaper.

WYOMING: Who in the bollocks is Genkins?!

WASHINGTON: Do you, have any idea where Carolina is?

WYOMING: I- what? She's dead! What does that have to do with any-

WASHINGTON: She's isn't dead, she's in hiding. Maine threw her off a cliff and she laid low for years until she found me, I just don't know where.

WYOMING: This is just not at all going the way I thought it would.

WASHINGTON: Tell me about it.

Washington unpossess that body and jumps to even further into the past during his time at Project Freelancer.

WASHINGTON: Ooh boy, I am still not used to this...

Wash looks behind him and sees Agents Maine, York and Wyoming coming down the staircase. As they walk by, York and Wyoming politely greet Wash.

YORK: Hey Wash.