Omphalos

ucker's Sword lies discarded on the floor of the Labyrinth.

Tucker: (Off-screen) A leader stands behind their team for the good things. In front of them for the bad.

He is sitting down, leaning against the Labyrinth's wall as he talks to himself, next to the portal into the depths of the black hole.

Tucker: Why am I still here?

Meanwhile, Donut and Chrovos still stand in the prison, discussing the situation of the Reds and Blues. The entire area is rumbling.

Donut: They're where?

CHROVOS: Do these drab clouds usually rumble? Where do you think? They're in the Labyrinth.

Donut: Well, that's great! I'll just wait here for them to get to us.

CHROVOS: Ah, how to put this with tact? That would be a little like meeting a lamb at the end of a slaughterhouse.

Will: Come again?

We cut briefly to a scene inside the Labyrinth, where Washington is holding down a position with the other Reds and Blues, including Donut, facing heavy fire.

WASHINGTON: We stay here, we die. We retreat, we fall into a black hole.

CAROLINA: Oh, great.

Back in the prison:

CHROVOS: The Labyrinth is fiendish.

The scene continues to cut between Wash, inside the Labyrinth, and Chrovos, explaining the situation to Donut. An army of monsters with heavy weapons continue to assault the Reds and Blues' position.

WASHINGTON: I didn't expect the Labyrinth to have so many, erm... minotaurs?

CABOOSE: Uh, I think that one horn makes them 'unitards'. It's French.

In the prison:

CHROVOS: Burnstorm built it to keep me in, and it sort of runs on... irony.

And back inside the Labyrinth, where Chrovos narrates over the combat:

CHROVOS: (Voice-over.) It doesn't kill them. Not directly.

WASHINGTON: Okay, listen up. Donut, grenades from cover. Hit the emplacements. Once they're rattled, Lopez, turn their gun mounts to scrap.

CHROVOS: (Voice-over.) Imagine a cube, containing a light bulb, lined with mirrors.

WASHINGTON: Sarge, South, Tucker, Carolina, you're with me. Everyone else, lay down cover when-- right flank!

Minotaurs march across the battlefield as a gunner lays down fire on the Reds and Blues. Wash leads the team in a brief counter-offensive.

WASHINGTON: Carolina, on me! Everyone pin 'em down!

CHROVOS: (Voice-over.) It becomes unbearable inside.

WASHINGTON: Alright, let's roll with the punches. Everyone on us, counter attack. Right side!

CHROVOS: (Voice-over.) Too bright.

WASHINGTON: One at a time, we'll cover-- get down!

Another minotaur mans and fires a rocket launcher. Sarge Alex, Will and Tucker explode.

CHROVOS: (Voice-over.) Too hot.

WASHINGTON: No!

Donut and Grif are caught in the explosion of a grenade.