Prologue

For over a thousand years, man and beast lived separately, their differences keeping them apart. Man, who refused to change and pillaged their brother's villages for food and women. Beast, who could change at will and mated for life, soulmates chosen by their Goddess, living in packs and co-existing with each other peacefully .

In the year 1836, after many centuries of separation, the wolves descended upon the world, tired of being hidden from society while watching as man destroyed and terrorized the earth. The wolves could not stand idle as their people were suffering.

For a hundred years, the wolves fought for their place in society, turning heads and making the people question the authority of their own leaders. Wolves began to take positions in leadership, the humans finding their societal norms better than their own, wishing for the wolves to change their distraught and crumbling society drowning with war and famine.

Humanity seemed to be changing, the very structure their lives were built on was changing, the foundation was transformed, rocketing the humans into lives of prosperity and happiness.

Families were growing, man and beast coming together in love and peace. Homes were built on age old foundations and traditions created by the wolves, their human counterparts choosing to rid themselves of their historically damaging past. Cities were using designs created by the wolves, infrastructure becoming stronger as melded ideas turned into concrete designs.

Now, in the year 2021, wolves were seen as meta-humans, their appearance in the mortal world seen as a second coming. Their actions with the humans changing the course of humanity. Despite their actions, there are groups of humans who use any means necessary to change and diminish the wolves in society.

The belief that beasts should stay beasts, living in nature and leave the woes of society to the humans. That the beasts are taking people's wives and sisters, claims of soulmates being used as an excuse.

These humans are of the lesser grade, their anger and grotesque ideology a laughable subject to most. The wolves and upper-class humans doing everything in their power to hide and stomp out these thoughts.

The media is filled with happy and content people, living their lives in harmony with those deemed as 'beasts'. Schools administering courses about wolves and their biology, soulmates, and social hierarchy.

However, despite the strides wolves have made in our society, even the wicked will still find their way.