Chapter 17

You don't know how long had passed since you tried searching for a seat for your mother, nor do you know how long has passed since you've been in Namjoon's arms. It was like you were there, but you weren't. You could see everything passing by, could feel yourself being switched between your soulmate's arms, could see Namjoon and Jin on their phones, unable to hear anything but the ringing in your ears.

You wanted to say something, to apologize for your mother ruining what was turning into an amazing family lunch date, but you knew they would just give you "the look" and tell you it wasn't your fault. But it was. She was your mother.

You couldn't help but feel like you were floating, and every second you weren't in their arms, you felt lightheaded, as if you were flying. Every movement Namjoon made, you tried not to cry out, thinking he was putting you down. You didn't know why you felt this way, why you felt so clingy and emotional.

You clung to Namjoon's arms, choosing to follow your instincts instead of letting your brain do what it always did, overthink. You let your body relax into his, the warmth of his hands splayed on your back had you almost wanting more skin-to-skin contact. You wanted to be able to feel all of the warmth he could give you.

You nudged your nose deeper into his scent gland, trying to get as close to breathing him in as possible. You liked the feeling of being entirely surrounded by the alpha, and you liked the way he moved one hand to rest on the back of your head, as if encouraging your scenting of him.

"How dare that woman come here, after everything she has done to her." Jin spits out, his hand clenched hard around Jungkook's, trying hard to keep his scent in control so he doesn't set you off even more.

"How did she even get into the restaurant is what I want to know?" Hobi is beyond angry that she was able to slip through the security they had set up around the restaurant.

"No one knew what she looked like. It was an oversight; one none of us thought about. But now that we know, she won't be getting near her again." Yoongi's voice was unwavering, confident in his words and his stance. He didn't have a choice, not if this was how you would react; how you would be left feeling.

Yoongi wanted nothing more than to hold you in his own arms, but he knew more than the others how much their head alpha's scent and arms felt when feeling like this. He knew you needed this.

"Did you see how quickly our baby was accepted into the family pack?" Jungkook asked, his head in Jimin's neck, scenting him and doing his best to keep his fellow alpha calmed down. He had a goofy smile on his lips as he remembered how Jin and Hobi's parents had welcomed you with open arms, even calling you their daughter.

Namjoon nods his head, smiling at the little whine you let out as your scenting was interrupted. His alpha was purring at the feeling of you scenting him. He, too, was happy how easily you had been accepted.

At the little whine, he pulled you even closer to him, your body now entirely pressing against him, stomach to stomach as he pressed harder against your back, knowing you like the feeling of being weighed down. He even feels your feet press into the seat behind him, trying to hook your ankles around his back so you could hold onto him like a koala.

"When we get to the house, we need to get her into the nest as quickly as possible. She needs to be surrounded by our scents or she will never get out of this drop." Namjoon's voice is deep as he shifts into the head alpha that the pack is familiar with.

"Yoongi, change her into some of our clothes. Jimin and Hoseok, I need you to use your contacts to figure out anything you can on her mother. I want to know exactly how and when she got into the country. There is something off about this entire thing and I want to know what it is. Jin, have your brother use his own contacts to move through our staff, make sure nothing is tampered with and no altering allegiances have been made." Namjoon looks down at you before thinking through his next words.