Chapter 15: First Love

I wouldn't stop thinking about Eric while I was out with my parents at dinner...

The sound of butterflies in my stomach and short memories of him sweet talking to me was distracting me from focusing on the here and now...

Alexa and her parents were sitting down near a booth at Steak and Shake waiting on their meals after ordering. She was on her phone the entire time texting Eric and her mom wasn't pleased to see that.

Alexa's mom: Now, now. Stop looking at your phone, Alexa. Who is it that wants to speak to you this badly?

Alexa's dad: You're on your phone too much this whole afternoon...Let me see who's texting you a lot...

Alexa handed her phone to her dad and he allowed her mom to see as well. They only saw Eric's contact being labeled as Erica and nothing seemed kinky or suggestive by the way Eric sent her messages.

Alexa's dad: Erica, huh? Who is she again?

Alexa: She nervously responded. A girl from my chem class. She's a good friend, dad.

Alexa's dad: I see...You guys seem to be talking a lot about different things. But don't get off topic when you're dealing with schoolwork, understood? Afterwards, he handed her phone back.

Alexa: Yes, dad. I won't.

My parents were a tad bit close to discovering my lies, but at least they didn't check further in my text messages.

Tuesday came and I lied to my parents about staying late at school for National Beta Club sign ups...

When I was in fact heading to Eric's house to "tutor" him for history...

She sat in his living room and they both had a glass of water to drink. She diligently worked on writing her thesis statement of her essay starting with a hook and then a claim. She was about to work on her next paragraph until Eric stopped her.

Eric: I'm not sure what I should write for my thesis...I didn't get my doc analysis sheets done.

Alexa: Lemme see what you wrote for the ones you finished. She had a look at them.

Alexa: I see...It's clear you have the same opinion as me about the prompt.

Alexa: Let me finish my essay first and you can write it in your own words...How about that?

Eric: Even better. Anyone told you you had beauty and brains?

Alexa: She blushed. You really thought that about me?

Eric: Yeah, I liked you for the longest time, Alexa...But I was just too nervous to approach you first.

Alexa: She was surprised. What? I've had a crush on you for a while too, Eric. I didn't know you feel the same...

Eric: Now that we both like each other, why don't you be my girlfriend?

Eric was my first love and I didn't know how else to respond to his "confession" other than giving myself away too easily...

During the first few weeks of our relationship, I was on Cloud 9.

We texted all day and night everyday and even hung out together during every class break.

I thought this moment would never end...

But sadly, I was wrong...

After just 5 months into the relationship, Eric had changed...