Chapter 1: Arrival To Stockholm

During a cold and auspicious morning, a dark gray train passed by the railroad adjacent to the streets of Stockholm, Sweden. The surroundings were white everywhere. Every inch was covered in snow, including the trees, hills, and valleys that extended beyond. Inside the train, 22-year-old Alexa Winifred sat alone pondering over her journey to her graduate school at Stockholm University. Only goal she had in her mind was focusing on receiving her masters degree in health science and avoiding men at all costs. She was a beautiful young woman with thick, straight black hair with dark brown highlights that reached down her breasts, cool olive skin tone, and her luscious eyelashes made her appear more wide-eyed. She stood at 5'3 with eyes that were a captivating shade of emerald diamonds and her lips were red amaryllis. She had a strong resting bitch face, which reflected her serious and reserved personality. As she sat in silence, she thought about how to spend her new life in a new country.

Alexa: On the inside. Here's to a new outlook on life. I won't allow myself to be distracted by one's charms.

Alexa: On the inside. Any new man who advances forward onto me will be rejected. No more getting stuck up on "love".

To say the least, she was unlucky and sad in love. She remembered every single shitty experience she's undergone to learn romance never came easy. Alexa had always been hollow and inexpressive, but toxicity within love has made her more aloof and distant. Lamenting on all the times love has hurt her, she didn't want to believe she could fall in love again. Eventually, the train boarded near its destination. Alexa took a taxi after disembarking the train. Once she reached her apartment zone, she noticed how the buildings were made out of pure glass with wooden walls for support.

Alexa: She thought to herself. Everything looks so different. I've never seen buildings like this in Colorado.

She went inside the leasing office in her assigned building to check in at the front desk.

Desk lady: You're Alexa Winifred, right? Your room is upstairs number 24. She gave her the keys.

She went straight to her room and locked it. The room was relatively small, but cozier and much warmer compared to the abrasive, coldness that left her shivering for minutes while she was out. She started unpacking and putting items where they respectfully belonged. When she was done, she opened up her laptop and reviewed the course and certificate requirements for MD health science here. Classes don't start till next Monday, but she wanted to prepare herself so she doesn't repeat the same mistakes as she did in her undergrad years.

Alexa: She thought to herself. This is going to be a tough semester, but I won't lose track this time. I won't get into a new relationship...It'll distract me from my studies.

Her phone rang. It was her typical strict, domineering mom calling her. She reluctantly picked up.

Alexa's mom: Arrived in the city already? I hope you remembered to take everything important with you.

Alexa: Yes, mom...I did. I checked and nothing was missing.

Alexa's mom: I want you to keep up your A game. I hope you won't be calling me about switching your major again.

Alexa's mom: I remembered you paid a big price in your second year as an undergrad by getting sidetracked and almost failing a class.

Alexa's mom: I hope you're not as naive about your responsibilities anymore. 

Alexa: I know very well what to expect mom. Not gonna be flakey or in a quandary anymore.

Alexa: I admit I could have done better, but I'm not gonna repeat my mistakes.