Chapter 18 - Thump, Thump.

Surviving School - Book 1 of the Spoken Dead Series.

Chapter 18 - Thump, Thump.

Alice and Lucy began explaining who Klaus Briggs was and Leigh just looked at them with bewildered eyes. Alice could have laughed at Leigh, but refrained from doing so. Alice knew that Leigh had only received very little products made by Horizon.

Leigh has had a hard life wthout her oarents but Leigh survived. Alice remembered when Leigh said 'You can't miss something you never had in the first place.' But then again, Leigh must have had parents when she was a baby an simply cannot remember them. But Alice always wondered what happened to Leigh's parents. She hated her parents, even though never meeting them. Leigh doesn't use her real name, she never asks questions about them and that seemed strange to Alice. What happened to Leigh's parents? They wouldn't just leave two children without a trace, would they?

To be truthful Alice had kind of a crush on Leigh's brother, Adam. Adam had dropped out of school early to move down to London with one of his friends. He could only be 19 at the most, and the last time Alice saw him was when he was 16 and he if he was good looking back then, surely he would be now. Alice remembered his shaggy light brown hair, this a Leigh's natural her colour - not black, and his almond eyes. She sighed dreamily.

 Leigh waved her discoloured hand infront of Alice's face, snapping her back to reality. Leigh smirked and Alice flushed, because Leigh knew who Alice was thinking about.

"If your quite finished fantasizing about my brother." Leigh said with a small smile.

"I wasn't." Alice squeaked in embarrassment, blushing again.

"Please. You are practically asexual and the only person you've ever thought was handsome was my brother."

"Leigh!" Alice hissed.

"What? It doesn't really matter if you think he's fit, he's related to me so of course you would think he's fine. I mean look at me! If I'm this good, he will be too." Leigh's smile grew into a full on grin.

"Yes Leigh, you've got no idea how good you are." Alice looked up and saw it was the elusive Emo-boy talking and I don't think that Leigh heard either.

Leigh's face slacked and she looked into space. Alice grabbed her hand and shook her lightly.

"Leigh are you okay?" Alice was filled with worry.

"I can't see." Leigh whispered bleakly.

"Lucy, will her sight come back?" The black-haired boy asked, getting closer to Leigh.

"Yes, but.." Lucy was hesitant. "...this if the first step to a worse infection. Leigh seem's to have a high resistance to the virus, but she's getting worse."

"Baby, could you please step away from that thing!" Claire's shrill voice filled Alice's ear's causing her to flinch.

"You know what Claire?" Emo-boy snapped, standing up.

"What?" Claire snided.

"We're over."

Claire let out a nervous laugh. "Excuse me." She said timidly.

"You heard me."

"Is it because of her? That monster? She going to die anyway, why choose her over me?" Claire glared at Leigh.

"Screw you, you selfish bit-" Alice began, but was cut off.

"Why has your heart been beating so fast Claire?" Leigh asked calmly.