Chapter 23 - Left Behind.

Surviving School - Book 1 of the Spoken Dead Series.

Chapter 23 - Left Behind.

Emo-boy and Leigh were walking across the roof, making their way to the vent, so they could slip into Matron's room without any problems. The 15-year-old had to almost drag Leigh across the roof. He looked a back at her, she was extremely pale, and her brown eyes were cloudy. There red patches of dried blood around the corners of her mouth and side of her face, were intensified due the paleness of her skin.

He turned his attention from Leigh to the sky, as he felt a spot of ran fall onto his cheek. Then another then another. The rain began pouring. cleansing the ground and people walking upon it. They continued walking until they reached a small hatch that was in the middle of the roof.

Emo-boy let go of Leigh's hand bent down to unclick the hatch. He looked down and saw a bed placed conveniently below the hatch opening.

"Leigh, wait here and I'll drop down here and catch you." He said, turning his head to look at Leigh, who just nodded bleakly.

Emo-boy slowly swung his legs over the ledge of the hatch, and gently slid himself onto the bed. Once, he was reted onto of it, he removed himself from the bed and stood on the floor, noiselessly. He cleared his throat.

Lucy turned around from her small work space and looked at her male friend in shock. "Jesus!" She exclaimed. "You scared me. Where's Leigh?"

Just as she asked Leigh threw herself down the hatch, landing onto of the small bed pretty loudly. And as abruptly as she had appeared, Leigh fell beck on the little nurses bed, he eyes rolling into the back of her head. Emo-boy rushed over to her. Leigh was falling out of consciousness.

"What do I do?" Emo-boy asked wide eyed and frantic.

"Anything! This needs another two minutes 'til it is ready! Just don't let her get unconscious or fall asleep." Lucy responded, her hands busily working.

His mind came up blank, so he did the one thing her could think of in that spilt second. He kissed Leigh. Almost immediately, she kissed him back. Leigh pulled back first and looked at him.

"Dude, gross." She murmured, causing Emo-boy to chuckle.

"You okay, Leigh?" He asked, not breaking eye contact with her.

"Yeah, I suppose. Where are we?" Leigh questioned, surveying the room.

"We're in the nurses office."

"Why are we here?"

"I going to try and help you."

"How?" Leigh looked really confused.

"We're going to try and stop the virus from making you a zombie." He responded shortly.

"What? That's not possible." Leigh concluded,to herself.

"Lucy is making something that can help you. Your blood type is compatible with mine, so were are going to use the serum that Lucy is making to help you." Emo-boy said with a warm smile.

"I'm so tired." Leigh groaned, leaning back on the bed. She rubbed her eyes, and made a grumbling sound.

"You have to stay awake. Just for a little while."

"No." Leigh closed her eyes, but then began mumbling to here self. "I missed you, Adam."

"Adam?" Emo-boy whispered to himself. Then he realised, that was Leigh's brother. She missed her brother.

"Adam, I made some friends today." Leigh talked like a child, as her voice dropped to a hushed whisper. "You'd like one of them, he's called... Well I don't know, but he's really nice. I like him." Leigh snuggled into the small bed, and turned on her side a little bit. Emo-boy pulled up the chair that was placed at the vacant nurses desk, and sat next to Leigh, Watching her. She had a small, content smile on her face. "I got into a fight though." Her smile faltered a little.