17

—A FEW DAYS LATER—

After every class, I would rush to put my stuff up and leave before Mattheo or Pansy could talk to me. At lunch when me and Draco were talking, he brought it up. "Dais, I don't think it's healthy for you to keep running away from them. You will have to talk to them at one point or another," He said, looking at me.

"Trust me, I know Dray, but I can't talk to them. I told you everything, I think you would understand why. I can't to them because of it, at least alone," I tell him.

"Then you don't have to talk to them alone. I can be there with you?" He suggests.

"That would be nice, but can you talk to them about where and when to meet? I don't want to talk to them right now." I told him.

"Sure, Dais, sure," Draco says, shaking his head trying not to laugh.

"Stop laughing!" I say, hitting his arm playfully.

—THE DAY OF THE MEETING—

"Why did you want to see us here, Draco?" I heard Mattheo's voice ask. They were climbing up the staircase to the astronomy tower, where I was, looking at the stars. When they appeared at the end of the staircase, both Mattheo and Pansy's eyes immediately fell on me. I turned around to look at them

"What are you doing here?" Pansy asks, then turns to Draco, "What is she doing here?!?" She asks.

"She wanted to talk to you too about what she saw on Saturday, but she didn't want to talk to you then," Draco responded coldly. I looked at Mattheo and his face was cold and expressionless, but also he looked a little sad that I didn't want to talk to him. I looked at Pansy, and I could tell she was furious. Her face was beet red, her nose scrunched, and her eyes were squinted.

"I have questions I want to ask the both of you together, and questions I want to ask you too without the other. Draco will be here so that none of us end up thrown off the tower, no heads are ripped off, and none of us going to Askaban for murder, using the Cruiatas curse, and none of us are brainwashed by another person," I explain, trying to have my face cold and emotionless, but in reality, it probably looked like I was on the verge of tears, because I don't want to be mad at them anymore, but to fo that I will have to go through this.

"Mattheo, can you please go down the stairs for a minute? I will send Pansy down to get you when I am done talking to her," I ask.

"Sure, love," He says, heartbroken. I can see it on his face that he wants to explain what happened, but he should know I am going to give him a chance after Pansy.

"Pansy, can you please drink this real quick?" I ask her, giving her Veritaserum.

"Why should I?" She asks matter-of-a-factly.

"So that I know that you're not lying," I say, and she drinks it. "You knew that I liked him, why did you fuck him?" I ask

"Because I wanted to make you jealous that I could have him and you can't," She answered.

"But I thought that you liked my bother, Draco?" I ask.

"Yes, I did," She responded.

"Do you still?" I ask, sending Draco a look.

"Yes, I do." She responded.

"Then, if you liked him, why did you fuck Mattheo?" I ask.

"Because I wanted to make him jealous. I wanted to show him that he couldn't have me unless he tried, not just you telling me he likes me," She says.