48

Mattheo's pov, an hour after she writes the letter.

I pace around my room, unsure how to contact Daisy without my father intercepting it. At that moment, there was an owl at my window. I quickly went over to it and read the letter it had, and saw it was from Daisy. "Shit," I whispered, walking over to my bed and writing a little note, explaining that I can't leave the manor. I send it with the owl and leave my room.

"How nice of you to join us," My father chuckled. I scoff and take my seat next to Draco and Theodore. "As I was saying, We are going to try to beat Hogwarts by May," My father said. I roll my eyes and lean back in my chair, waiting for the meeting to end.

"Why did you even come?" Draco leaned back. I shake my head, not wanting to anger my dad any further. He was already glaring at me for how I was sitting, and I didn't need anything else on my mind.

"Meeting dismissed, you are all free to go. Mattheo, could you please stay?" My father says, not even waiting for a response. He walks over to me and drags me into a room off the meeting room. "I saw that owl you were sending. What was the note? Or do you want me to read it?" He asks me. I didn't expect him to get it, but it does make sense.

"You read it," I mutter, not wanting to say it.

"Dear Daisy- I told you to stay away from her," He said, clicking his tongue. "I'm sorry I left, I had to. You know that. I'm sorry about your situation. I hope I'll be able to see you soon, M.R." He finished. "What situation?" He asks me.

"I- That she doesn't have anyone with her," I mutter.

"Are you sure about that?" He asks. He's always been able to tell when I lie. "You know what happens when you lie," He whispers, sending a crucio curse at me.

You'd getting hit as much as me I'd be invincible by now but no, it still hurt like hell. It felt like thousands of tiny knives that were on fire stabbing into me. I bit my lip to keep from screaming, but a little noise came out.

"God, you're pathetic," He muttered, "Now tell me what you were talking about in the letter," He demands.

"No," I whisper.

"What?"

"No," I say more confidently.

"Fine," He said, leaving for a second. I quickly apparate out of the manor and to Hogwart, which wasn't the smartest move. I land in Draco's dorm and pass out almost immediately.

When I wake up, I'm in a bed and Draco is on the foot of the bed. "Oh, you're awake," He said, getting up.

"Wait!" I say right before he leaves.

"What?"

"Have you heard anything from Daisy?" I ask carefully.

"Yes, she said that she had something to tell me and she was going to come here in a few days," He said simply.

"Shit," I mutter. "I- she can't see me. I can't do that to her," I whisper.

"You're going to have to see her sooner or later," He says, then walks out. I groan, getting up from the bed and walking to my dorm. I lay down and someone comes into the room.

"What do you want?" I say coldly.

"Just- wanted to see how you've been doing," Pansy whispers. I roll my eyes.

"I'm fine as you can see, you can leave now," I say, and she leaves quickly. I loosen up a bit and end up falling asleep.

Within the next few months, all that Draco and Enzo were talking about was that Daisy was pregnant. "Hey, Mattheo, you know there is a party tonight? It's just the group and a few others that Enzo insisted on inviting," Draco glared at Enzo, who had a guilty smile on his face. He saw that I was hesitant and quickly added, "Daisy will be there."