Chapter 1 Tuna Man

Lotty sat on the Toretto's Market & Cafe bar, pining her long brown hair into a messy bun

Lotty sat on the Toretto's Market & Cafe bar, pining her long brown hair into a messy bun. Mia wrote things down in her notebook as Lotty looked over at her. It was a slow day, and there wasn't much to do till rush hour kicked in, which was generally around 1:30. It was hot in the store, and the heat had Lotty sweating threw her grey-cropped wife beater and her blue jeans that rested on her lower hips showing off the tattoo on her side going up. It was a cherry blossom tree with her father's name on one of the branches stretched across her rib. The thing was huge and painful but worth it in the end.

"He seems to be in a bad mood. Something happened between you two?" Mia asked, not looking up from her notebook. Lotty sighed, shrugging her shoulders.

"I'm not sure. He's just having one of those days," Lotty said, hopping down and glancing toward her boyfriend in the break room. "Anyway, how are things looking for the books?" Lotty leaned over, looking at finances for the store.

"Good, we're doing good for a change," Mia smiled, showing her the numbers. They were out of the red for a change, which was great. Lotty smiled as she handed the notebook back to Mia as a red truck pulled up on the other side of the street.

"Your cute friend is back," Lotty nudged Mia with her hip. "The one with the pretty blue eyes," Mia looks over, and a smile blossoms. "The tuna sandwich guy," Over the last few weeks, he'd been coming into the store, and Lotty could see how Mia was starting to have a crush on him.

"I still don't know how he stomachs it," Lotty shivered as she slid over the counter as he approached, taking a seat at the counter. She's gotten sick from the sandwich when they first started serving it. Let's say she won't' ever touch another tuna sandwich unless she is starving to death. Even then, death might be better than having to stomach the sandwich.

"I'm gonna go grab a drink," Lotty said, walking to the coolers.

"Tuna on white, no crust, right?" Mia guessed.

Lotty walked back with a Dr.Pepper as the man began flipping his sports car magazine. "I don't know. How is it?" 

Mia looked at Lotty as the woman laughed into her can. Mia looked back at him. "Every day for the last three weeks, you've been comin' in here... And you've been askin' me how the tuna is. Now it was crappy yesterday. It was crappy the day before, and guess what," Mia shook her head. "Hasn't changed,"

"I'll have the tuna," He replied.

"No crust?" Mia smiled.

"No crust," The man retired the smiled, looking down at his magazine. Mia leaned up as she went to make it for him as Lotty walked to the counter.

"Need a drink with the crappy sandwich?" She smiled. They would joke back and forth over the last few weeks about the sandwich, her asking him if he needed to wash it down with something and him kindly declining.