Chapter 8

Night approached, and Lotty stood in her black leather jacket with her hair pinned up next to Letty as they leaned against the cars

Night approached, and Lotty stood in her black leather jacket with her hair pinned up next to Letty as they leaned against the cars. Jesse still isn't back, but they still needed to do the job with or without him. The crew listened to Mia try to talk Dom out of doing it, but he was too hard-headed.

"I have respected you, and I haven't said shit, and now I am asking you not to go," She begged him.

"Mia, I'm doing this for both of us," Dom tells her.

"No, don't give me that crap," Mia shakes her head. "You doing this for you," Mia pointed at him.

"Why are you asking me to stay?" Dom questions her.

"Why are you insisting on doing this?" She countered. "Dom, please, just don't,"

Dom started walking to his car, and Lotty sighed, walking up to her and hugging her. "I'll bring him back, Mia, I swear," Lotty whispered.

"Lotty, please, you gotta try and talk him out. I can't lose you guys," Mia begged her.

"I can't promise anything, Mia," Lotty said, tucking a piece of hair from her face. "I gotta go now,"

"Be careful,"

"I will," Lotty nodded before quickly getting into Dom's car. Dom drives them to where they've stashed the cars as Lotty gets a feeling in the pit of her stomach she can't shake. She bit at her nails, her leg bouncing as she looked out the window.

Dom noticed the small action of nerves. She had stopped biting her nails years ago; she only now ever did it when she got nervous. Dom reached over and pulled her hand away from her mouth as he brought it up to his, kissing the back of it.

"What's wrong?" He asked, putting her hand in his lap.

"Something doesn't feel right," She said, looking out the window. "I don't know, maybe it's just nerves about Jesse running off,"

"Will be okay," Dom promised as he parked behind the four cars.

Lotty and he got out as Vince and Leon left the car behind them and Letty and Neal behind them. Lotty helped Dom pull the cover off the first car as Leon, Vince, Letty, and Neal did the rest to theirs. They were all identical 1993 black Honda Civic EJ1.

"All right, we're one man short," Dom said. "Lotty, I need you on the left side,"

Letty handed Lotty a bag with the tools she would need as she clasped a hand on her shoulder. "You be careful out there, sister,"

Lotty did the same with Letty. "You too. Keep my idiot brother safe,"

Neal tossed Dom a bag,  and he put it in his car as Leon walked up. "Your sister's right about this one," Leon claimed. "This doesn't feel good,"

"Don't do that," Dom pointed at him.

Lotty walked up, handing him the spear. "Something's wrong,"

Dom looked at her. "Stop,"