Chapter 5 His Queen

Jesse, Neal, Leon, and Letty are working on the engine as Lotty worked on the other parts of the engine, getting it ready to be mounted into the car with Brian and Dom helping her.

"Got a T.R.-seven here with a ball-bearing upgrade," Neal said.

"What it's gonna do is it's gonna--" Jesse went to explain, making a hissing sound. "It's gonna spool up really quick,"

"I got this set up for 24 P.S.I.," Letty told them. Lotty stood inside the car, considering she or Letty were the only ones small enough to get in. She lowered the grill inside with Dom helping her from the outside.

"So you got big plans tonight?" Dom asked Brian.

"Yeah, we're going out to dinner," Brian looked at him as he worked on testing the ports.

"You break her heart, I'll break your neck," Dom warns him.

"He's not the only one you gotta worry about," Lotty reminds him. "I'll do much worse,"

Brian looked at them. "That's not gonna happen," He assures them.

"I wanna show you something," Dom said, holding a hand out to help Lotty out of the car.

Taking it, she steps out as Dom leads her along with him too, surprising her. She thought she would stay behind and continue working on the car while Dom showed him whatever. Dom opened up the passager door for Lotty, letting her climb in before closing it. Brian gets into the back as Dom takes them back to the house.

Lotty got out smiling as she knew what Dom was gonna show him as soon as he rolled open the garage door. It was the first car other than her father's that she grew up learning the inside and out. It's why she fell in love with American Muscle cars.

"Hello, beautiful," She smiled at the car.

"Wow," Brian comments, seeing it as Lotty walks up to the priceless artifact that she and Dom would work on together.

"Me and my dad built her," Dom said. "900 horses of Detroit muscle,"

"It's a beast," Lotty smiled.

"Know what she ran in Palmdale?" Dom asked Brian.

"No. What did she run?" Brian asked.

" Nine seconds flat," Dom smirked.

"God," Brian looked her over.

"My dad was driving. So much torque, the chassis twisted coming off the line," Dom explained with a smile. Brian chuckles. "Barely kept her on the track,"

"So, what's your best time?" Brian asked him.

"I've never driven her," Dom admitted.

"Why not?" Brian wonders. Dom licked his lips, looking over the black beauty as Lotty slipped her hand into his giving him a comforting squeeze.