Chapter 10

A few months after Dominic left, Lotty searched all over LA for him. Wanting nothing more than to find him and go to Mexico as they had planned. But he promised her that it wasn't forever. Just temporary. So late one night in the Motel, when Letty and Neal were sleeping, Lotty wrote them a note saying they needed to leave and that they needed to get out of the States as soon as possible, that she loved them and would call them when she was set up somewhere safe. She felt like she was holding them back. So she took her phone out and called the one she knew who would always be there for her when she needed her. They were friends before Lotty had moved from Miami to LA, but they've always kept in touch over the years, constantly visiting each other when they got the opportunity.

"Lotty, baby girl, how you doing?" Suki answered over the phone. Lotty could practically see the smile on her face. Lotty was driving on the interstate into Miami.

"I'm doing fine, hun. I was wondering. I'm in Miami--"

"Shut the fuck up!!!" Suki yelled as Lotty smiled. "You don't even have to ask, baby. Of course, you can stay with me!"

"Thanks, Suki I knew I could count on you," Lotty smiled.

"Girl, I'll always have your back," Suki told her. "Let me get your room ready. When are you gonna be here?"

"Well, I'm just entering Miami," Lotty sheepishly answered.

"Damn girl, next time, warn a sister before driving down here," Suki laughed. "Don't worry, baby I got you covered. I'll see you soon,"

"See you soon, Suki,"

Lotty smiled as she looked at the speedometer with a picture of her and Dom taped to it. She sighed. She missed him terribly. All she wanted to do was be wrapped up in his arms, his lips covering hers. She hoped he would call and tell her to come to him or vice versa. But she couldn't just stay around sulking and waiting for that day. So she needed a change of scenery. What better way than to go back home? Well, to her first home.

Once Lotty got to Suki's place, she introduced Lotty to her off-and-on boyfriend, Tej. Who helped Lotty find a new car since she left her 1970 Chevvy American Muscle inside the garage. She didn't want to risk the cops pulling her over by identifying her by her car. So, with the cash she had left over from the Race Wars and a few races, she did along the way, like in Arizona, New Mexico, and a few other towns on her way to the East Coast. Tej got her a sweet deal on a Dodge Stealth. Suki went to town on the design. She painted it sky blue and incorporated the tattoo that Lotty had of the cherry blossom on the back with the pink petals going down the doors towards the back of the car. Lotty almost cried when she saw the finished product and hugged her friend, thanking her repeatedly for the work done.

It was race night in Miami, and Lotty stood next to Suki as her girl crew whipped down their cars. Lotty was excited to race, and it had been years since she could race down here, so she wanted to take the opportunity up when Suki told her about it.

"All right, ladies! We're good." Suki nodded. "We're good,"

Suki looked at Lotty with a smile. "You ready, girlfriend?"

"Oh, definitely," Lotty nodded as she brushed her hair out of her face. She stood in black ripped jeans and a navy blue tank top that ended above her belly button. Lotty looked over at the people she would race against as a man named Julian walked up behind two girls whipping down his red 1993 Mazda RX-7 and cupping their asses as he spoke in Spanish.

"Come on, Tej! Let's get this race going!"

Tej walked out from the crowd towards the racers. "Whoa, whoa, man. Wait a second, man," He motioned to his car. "You cats are first wave, man. Where's your fifth at?"