sixteen.

CHAPTER XVI
" Welcome to your life
There's no turning back "
— Lorde

          CELESTINE REMEMBERED EVERY BATTLE HER ancestors had fought

CELESTINE REMEMBERED EVERY BATTLE HER ancestors had fought. She can decipher every one of them in paintings, songs, literature, and anything known in Drogon's history. However, now that she was facing her own battle, she wondered if her ancestors felt the same way she did.

Her stomach was in knots, her palms starting to sweat in anticipation, and the whole world almost going numb around her.

The girl wrapped the thick leather strap around her hand, that was attached to Aurora's saddle. The armor she wore made her feel heavy and light at the same time.

Aurora gripped the earth beneath her large claws, eager to get out into the field, ready to fight like she had done for millennia.

All Celestine could think about was her return home — avenging Drogon.

Peter, too, was equally as nervous.
He watched as a griffin flew above and shrieked the signal of Jadis' approach on them.

Riding on a white unicorn, he should feel brave, and powerful even, however, he felt all but.

Thousands of men stand behind him, at his ready, acting on his word. They were all ready to fight for Narnia, ready to fight for Aslan.

The griffin landed beside him. "They come, Your Highness, in numbers and weapons far greater than our own."

"Numbers do not win a battle," Oreius states.

"No," Peter says, "But I bet they help."

The blond slightly looked over toward a mountain, knowing the Targaryen and her ride were at the ready.

Aslan's army watched as a minotaur climbed on a small rising ledge. It let out a yell before the army came.
Many Narnians watched — terrified — as they appeared.
The griffin was right. Jadis' army was large, larger than Narnia's men.

Peter gripped the leather strap in his hand hard, trying his best not to panic and show hesitation.

There, two giant polar bears pulled a carriage that held the White Witch, however, something was different.

The witch wasn't in her normal ice-white clothing, her ice crown wasn't on her head. Instead, a gold headpiece was there and she wore the hide of a lion.

She wore the fur of Aslan.

As Jadis' army stops, as if waiting for Narnia's move, Peter turns to Edmund. The small brother nods his head, in protected armor standing alongside the centaurs, above a cliff behind Narnia.

Peter held his breath as he swiped his sword off the handle and held it high in the air. Narnia's horns blazed, as the army roared.
Jadis' army immediately ran toward the Narnians.