fourteen.

CHAPTER XIV
" But I got smarter, I got harder
in the nick of time "
— Taylor Swift

          AS THE LATE HOURS OF night came, Celestine waited in Aslan's tent for the right time to leave the camp and to the Stone Table

          AS THE LATE HOURS OF night came, Celestine waited in Aslan's tent for the right time to leave the camp and to the Stone Table. They had to be sure no one could notice their absence, they didn't want people to start a scene if they knew what Aslan was planning.

The girl had tried to keep her dragon calm, as Aurora seemed to already know the plan itself.

"Ao līs umbagon kesīr," She states, "Ao daor māzigon rūsīr issa."
(You must stay here. You cannot come with me.)

But the dragon nudged the tip of her nose to Celestine's chest, in an attempt to change her mind.

"Nyke jāhor sagon sȳz. Ao daor sagon anywhere va se witch. Nyke kostagon't risk losing ao."
(I will be fine. You cannot be anywhere near the Witch. I can't risk losing you.)

Hugging her dragon, the queen quickly turned away and went to Aslan's tent. Aurora reluctantly had to stay put and watch her rider leave without her protection.

Celestine would be lying if she said that a part of her wasn't worried about what will happen.

She didn't know what to expect when reaching the Stone Table, as it is Jadis' territory. As a precaution, Aurora will not be anywhere near the Stone Table.

Coming into the tent, she made eye contact with Aslan, who was staring at the map on the table, with pieces scattered around.

Hearing the silence of the night, Celestine sighed, "I think we can take our leave."

Aslan snapped out of it. "Y-Yes. Yes, of course."

The queen could not imagine the fear he must feel. She wouldn't blame him if he was trying to stall time, just to breathe air for one more minute.

"You don't have to go," She states, "We can always find alternatives, to keep you and Edmund safe."

"No," Aslan denies, "I agreed to this. I will not back down now."

Nodding, she comments, "I admire your bravery."

The two quietly walked out and began their journey to the Stone Table. Celestine had to become aware of their surroundings, in case someone were to wander around.

Aslan gave a small smile to himself.
Despite their feud, their arguments, and their fights, Celestine's heart was good and true.

She was compassionate to others, even those who are considered her enemies. She isn't spiteful or petty, she was a truly good person.

He will always admire her for it.

As they make their way out of camp and into the woods. Aslan asked her, "If Jadis had not commanded your presence, would you still go?"