Chapter 1. Hid from the abuser

Ceaseless pain kept penetrating every cell in my body as my tears continued descending, begging him to stop. His countenance turned vicious again, his eyes filled with fury as he stared at me. My arms tightly embraced my body as I struggled to hold back my tears.

"Please... Blaine stop. I-I just want to eat. What am I supposed to do? I'm hungry. My stomach hurts." I glanced at him, hoping his rage would subside. But all I could see was his fury until he took off his black belt and began beating me mercilessly as if what I did was a horrendous crime punishable by death.

"You, fucking bitch! How many times do I have to tell you, do not eat anything! The grand party will commence tomorrow night, and you must be the most alluring and gorgeous woman! Eating will make you fat and ugly!" He hollered with his eyes burning with anger. He shoved me to the counter table made of white marble, with steak and french fries stacked high on it. "Look! What you see there is trash! You can't gain more calories, Adeleine! Do you understand?!"

"What do you want me to do? I'm hungry. This food will not make me fat. Look at my body! I'm losing weight!" My hand shivered in fear as I stated those words. He grabbed my hair roughly and pushed my face into the table, and I winced from both physical and emotional agony. "Stop! Please... it hurts, Blaine..."

"You have no liberty to talk to me like that! I married you not to be tactless but to serve me and do whatever I ask you! Now, clean up, and tomorrow, make sure you are the most expensive woman!"

The last words perplexed me. "W-What did you say? An expensive... woman?"

"You heard me, Adeleine. You're not deaf." He sneered as if a wicked intention lies within. "More than five wealthy investors will join the party. One of them has an interest in you. His name is Chris."

"W-What are you implying?"

"He offered me ten thousand dollars. In return, you have to be with him for three nights."

"Are you dead-ass serious? I'm your wife! You can't do that to me!"

"Shut the fuck your mouth! I don't love you!" He screamed, making me even more exhausted as I recollected what really brought me into this toxic relationship. "We are married for the sake of your father's business, remember? Don't expect too much from me. Now, go back to your room and prepare yourself for tomorrow."

"No!" I dissented with courage. "I spent four years with you, enduring this toxic relationship, but not this time, Blaine. You can hit, abuse, or leave me out here to rot, but I'm not going to the party! I'm not a damn floozy for you to sell!"

"What did you say?!" He became even more furious, propelling him to slap me violently across the cheek. "You're mine! If I say so, you must obey!"

He choked me, pushing me until I bumped into the wall.

"S-Stop—"

He punched my stomach, making me wince in pain until I tumbled to the floor. The excruciating agony caused me to cry out for mercy again. And before I could defend myself, he threw a glass bottle over the floor on my nearest side, shattering it. He knelt, took the broken bottle, and pointed it toward me, inducing me to shut my mouth with utmost fear.

"You see this? I won't hesitate to cut your beautiful face if you ever transgress me again." He threatened me.

I'm used to it. I let him physically, verbally, and emotionally abuse me for four years. But inside those four years of hell of enduring this tortured life, I never once dared to defy him. He wanted me to be perfect in all aspects, which is impossible. This is why even my eating routine had been controlled by him. No matter how hard he beat me, I could do nothing to protect myself or prevent him from abusing me. I have been destroyed, starved, raped, and tortured, yet never once had I fought back because Blaine is not just an ordinary man but also an affluent and notorious with numerous contributions to several companies.