summer love

Part 1/2

Fred's pov

As summer drew to a close at Hogwarts, I couldn't help but feel a bunch of emotions swirling inside me. Y/N had become everything to me, lighting up my world and making every day brighter. But I was scared to tell her how I felt because I didn't want to ruin our friendship. The thought of Y/N leaving without knowing my love was eating at me, though.

On the last day of summer, I was a mess of mixed feelings. I desperately wanted to confess my love, but I was afraid. I didn't want to lose Y/N, but I also didn't want to live with the regret of not speaking up.

As I wandered around Hogwarts, the reality of our separation hit me hard. And then, I saw Y/N, looking a little sad but also excited. She asked if I could help her pack, and my heart skipped a beat. Spending more time with her was a chance I couldn't pass up, even if it meant facing goodbye.

We went to her room together, and the silence between us was filled with emotions that we couldn't put into words. Each moment felt fleeting, slipping away from me like sand through my fingers. Her laughter, the sparkle in her eyes, it all made my heart ache even more.

As the time to say goodbye got closer, Y/N turned to me with a mix of nerves and determination. She smiled gently and reached out to touch my cheek, sending shivers down my spine.

"Fred," she whispered, her voice filled with so much emotion, "I want you to know that this summer has been the best. You've made me so happy."

Her words filled me with hope and longing, but I was still scared. I couldn't find the words to express what I felt. I just stood there, looking into her eyes, unable to say anything.

In that moment, Y/N leaned in and kissed my cheek, like a farewell and an unspoken understanding. She pulled away, searching my eyes for a response.

The ache in my heart grew stronger as I realized what her kiss meant. She took a leap of faith, showing her affection in a way that I couldn't. But I let my fear hold me back, and now it was too late.

With a heavy heart, I watched Y/N gather her things and prepare to leave. I carried the weight of regret, knowing I missed my chance to tell her how much I loved her. As she walked away, a tear rolled down my cheek, mixing with the bitter taste of missed opportunity.

I couldn't bear it any longer. I needed to do something. So, I turned to George and poured out all my feelings, telling him how much I loved Y/N and how I regretted not running after her. George listened patiently, understanding my pain.

"Fred," he said, his voice filled with sympathy, "You can't let this slip away. You have to go after her. You never know what might happen if you don't try."

His words hit me hard, and I realized he was right. I couldn't let fear hold me back any longer. So, with a renewed determination, I ran after Y/N, hoping against hope that it wasn't too late to make things right.