My Best Friend

A year had passed and Sky had been trying to move on. He would still experience panic attacks and nightmares, though they never lasted for long. His dad had been worrying about him. He thought that the murders that happened near campus were scaring Sky. Little did he know, that was the least of Sky's worries.

    Sky eventually meet a boy named Rain

    Sky eventually meet a boy named Rain. He was super cheerful all the time. Book smart though a little slow when it came to things not related to school. Rain became a beacon of light for Sky. Whenever he was around Rain, he could forget his own problems, at least for a little while. They had quite a few classes together since they were both majoring in architecture. They spent a lot of time around each other which made Sky realize how genuine Rain was. He never really got angry at anyone and was very easy to be friends with. Rain was a breath of fresh air for Sky.

    Even though Sky liked Rain, and even was starting to consider him a friend, he still found himself getting annoyed sometimes with Rain's childish antics. Lately, all Rain could talk about was the handsome stranger that helped him when his car broke down.

    "Are you even listening?" A voice complained to the right of Sky.

    "Yes yes. A mysterious god-like man came to rescue the damsel in her time of need." Sky replied.

    "Well, you don't have to be so rude." Rain said with a pout before facing the front of the classroom.

    They had gotten to the classroom earlier than the teacher and Sky had wanted to relax a little before class began. Apparently Rain had other ideas.

    "I'm sorry Rain. You've just been talking about this guy all week. I feel like I already know him thanks to you."

    "I'm just excited. I've never met anyone quite so pretty before." Rain said with a serene look on his face.

    "Too bad you didn't get his number."

    "I KNOW!" Rain yelled before slamming his head on the desk.

    "Hi guys." A voice said in front of them.

    They both look up to see Ple, Rain's crush from freshman orientation.

    "Oh hey hi Ple. What's up? How's it going?" Rain said as Sky gently face palmed.

    "I'm fine. I actually have to talk to you Sky." Ple responded before turning to Sky.

    "Oh." Rain dejectedly replied.

    "I need a list of all the freshman coming to orientation. I lost the list I had."

    "Yeah. Sure. I'll email it to you. "

    "Thanks. Have a good day you two." Ple said before leaving.

    "Well, that was embarrassing for you." Someone said behind them.

    They both turned to see Sig, another Sophomore and friend of theirs.

    "Oh thank you so much. I could see I made a fool of myself. You don't need to tell me that." Rain told Sig.

    "Stop it. It was fine. Next time, just try being a bit more natural." Sky told Rain.

    "Alright class, that's enough. Let's begin today's lesson." The teacher said as she walked into the classroom.