The Legend- Hive Mind

This is all too weird. The people here are practically ignoring the party and yourself. They all seems to be wearing modern clothes, and the modern buildings are a dead giveaway that they are an advanced society. But they seem to have no reaction to the Black Swordsman Party and their medieval style of clothing.

You: "They are all walking like zombies. Not paying any attention to anything other than their own tasks."

Guts: "You're right... it's creepy."

Schierke: "Something's wrong. I don't think that they just ignore us. Especially when we're not even from here."

You: "Exactly. So we're going to figure this whole thing out."

The Party seem to nod at your idea. After walking for a while, you see a person standing motionless in the corner, you decided to walk up to the man, with the Black Swordsman party backing you up.

You: "Hello, I'm The Doctor. Do you happen to know this... city's history?"

The man didn't reply, he just kept staring at the horizon, completely motionless. This is definitely not normal.

Guts: "He's not responding..."

Schierke: "Maybe I can-"

You: "No. Remember, we are in a different dimension. Different universe altogether. The Astral plane doesn't exist here."

You use your Sonic Screwdriver to scan the unresponsive man, to your suprise, his brain waves are completely neutral, in a constant state of trance.

You: "This is definitely not good..."

You start to scan everybody else in the city, one person to another, the party looks at you with confusion as you does this.

Guts: "... What are you even doing?"

Isidro: "You look silly."

You: "Oh no..."

You checked the results of your scans, only to find that they're all have the same brain activities. One big hive mind. You hurriedly start to set your Sonic Screwdriver to start scanning all over the place, to find the source of all of these controlled minds.

You: "These people... they are not conscious. They all have been either mind controlled or... worse."

Farnese: "Worse? What's worse than that?"

You: "... Let's just say that they could also just be... walking corpses."

The party seems to be uncomfortable, which is understandable. You start the hunt on finding the source of the hive mind, the party following you closely. You've reached a palace-looking place, but it is poorly maintained and is about to crumble at any moment. Despite that, you entered without hesitation, the party following you again. You entered the palace, to be greeted with a stench of blood, vomit, sweat, and other bodily fluids. It makes the party want to puke, you seem to be uneffected however. You start to scan around the place using the Sonic Screwdriver, Farnese is guiding Casca through the hallway, until suddenly Casca trembles and falls to the ground.

Casca: "Grrha!"

Farnese: "Huh? Casca, are you alright?"

Guts: "... Casca?"

Guts immediately come to Casca's aid. You watched as Casca seems to be more violent the closer you are with the source.

You: Sigh "I think it's best if I go in alone. All of you wait here."

Guts: "You kiddin' right? Who knows what could be in there. I'm coming with-"

You: "No. I'll be fine."