The Legend- Ognore's downfall

You head off towards the city, with only your Sonic Screwdriver in your possesion. You arrived in the city, and starts sneaking your way around the folks.

You: "There's got to be a way to severe the hive mind's connection... if only there's a way for me to..."

You trail off as you saw a women nearby, she seems to be... more human than the rest of the folks. Your interest is immediately peaked. You kept your eyes on the women, she might not being controled by the hive mind, so that means you can ask her for information. However, if your theory is wrong, you could be handing yourself to the Ognore...

You: "Oh, what the hell. I'll do it."

You found an opening in the crowd of people and went straight for the women. You grabbed her, and put your hand over her mouth.

You: "Shhh! No time to explain, we need to go now."

You noticed that the other folks haven't noticed the both of you, so that means that your theory was correct, this women isn't effected by the hive mind. Why is that?

You: "Let's go somewhere a bit more private shall we?"

You dragged her to a nearby alley in the city. She seems to be confused at your presence alone, maybe because the fact that you're an outsider? Or maybe because you're not controlled by the Ognore? Either way, she cleared her throat before speaking.

???: "Who are you kid? I'm guessing that giant brain thing didn't get you either huh?"

You: "I'm The Doctor, and long story short; I was travelling when I noticed this lovely city.... and find that the people here is not quite as lovely..."

You cringed as you peak over at the mind controlled civilians. The women seems sadden as she looked down on the ground.

???: "They... are all controlled by this... giant brain thing. I was about to get caught by these people, but my brother helped me escape."

You: "And... where is your brother?"

The women pointed to one of the guys in the crowd of mind controlled people. You looked at her with a clear sympathy written on your face.

You: "Oh... Oh, I'm sorry."

???: "No, it's okay. So... what's your name kid? You seem really mature for your age."

You: "I told you, I'm The Doctor. And don't call me kid, I'm older than you."

???: "Yeah right.... So you just go by Doctor? Or do I have to say 'The Doctor' everytime I want to address you?"

You: "No, no. Doctor is fine. So what's your name?"

Jayla: "I'm Jayla. Jayla Osma."

You: "Well it's very nice to meet you Jayla. Now, back to the matter in hand, do you know what happened? That caused the Ognore to appear I mean."

Jayla: "The Ognore?"

You: "Yeah, The brain thing. That's what it's called."

Jayla: "Oh... well I'm not sure. It sort of appeared randomly almost half a year ago. It controlled the people to build itself a palace..."

You looked over at the palace, you feel a sense of contempt as your eyes scan through the structure.

You: "So the Ognore just appeared suddenly?"

Jayla: "Well... there was a blinding bright light that covers the whole city. However touches it at that time was immediately mind controlled..."

You: "And where did the light came from?"