one.

Ashton's P.O.V

"Hey Ash, watch this!" I heard Michael yell as I saw a flaming red head fly by into the water.

The waves from his cannon ball splashed over Calum, who was lying in a beach chair next to the pool.

I giggled as Calum quickly shot up. He must have been sleeping, because he looked pissed.

"What the hell Mikey?" He exclaimed angrily as Michael resurfaced for air.

"Don't be such a tight ass, Calum," Michael shot back.

Calum flipped him off playfully.

Michael scrambled out of the pool and ran over to him.

He wrung his hair out over Calum's body, the proceeded to lay on top of him.

He groaned but didn't push Michael off. Cute.

I smiled and stretched my hands behind my head. I lay back in the chair and closed my eyes, feeling the warmth of the sun.

I was almost asleep when I heard scuffling, a "fuck off", a gasp, then a loud splash as who I assumed was Calum was pushed into the pool.

I grinned into the sky as I listened to my best friends play fight.

It was the last day of Spring Break before school started back in sunny LA, and we had decided to spend it at Luke's house swimming in his pool.

The four of us had moved here from Australia, but that was another story.

Suddenly, I heard the sliding door open. I opened my eyes and watched as a wet-haired Luke stepped out onto the patio, carrying a tray full of lemonade.

"Come and get it!" He yelled as he handed me a glass.

Calum and Michael quickly climbed out of the pool, running over to get a cool glass of the refreshing drink.

We were fighting over who got the biggest glass when I heard a girl's voice from over the fence next to us.

"Can you guys keep it down? I'm trying to watch Mean Girls and I'm on my period so you do NOT want to mess with me," the girl called.

"Keep your panties on, we'll be quieter!" Calum called back.

I stifled a giggle as the girl yelled something about how hard it is to be a girl and how we wouldn't survive a day being one.

After the scuffle, we all sat in a quiet circle enjoying our treat.

Suddenly, I had a crazy thought.

"Hey lads," I said looking around at my friends, "What if we were girls?"

They all look stunned.

"...how did you get that thought?" Luke asked with a chuckle.

"Yeah, it's so random," Calum agreed.

"You know what I would do?" Michael announced, setting down his drink.

He stood up and mimed squeezing invisible boobs.

Luke and I burst out laughing as Calum squealed (cute) and threw his sunglasses at Michael.

Michael fake gasped and yelled out in a nasaly, high pitched voice, "O. M. G. YOU BROKE MY FRICKING NAIL!"

Luke and I were laying on our backs, our stomachs hurting from laughing.

We laughed like this for several more minutes before finally pulling ourselves together.

"But seriously," I said, "What would we do? It seems so hard being a girl,"

All of them nodded in agreement.

"The makeup seems frustrating," Luke said.

"Periods seem like a pain in the ass," Calum added cringing.

"Doesn't it hurt when you get punched in the boob? Like, they're so squishy..." Michael said thoughtfully.

"How do you know? The only boobs you've touched were your mom's when you were a baby," I said with a smirk.

Michael leaned over and flicked my forehead.

I just grinned.

"I suppose everything would be different," Calum said to no one in particular.

"A lot," Michael said with a sigh.

"I wish I was a girl," I said, feeling weird after the words left my mouth.

The guys laughed, and continued to talk about random things.

I was sitting quite contently, when I heard a 'snap' behind me.

I whipped my head around and looked around for the noise.

After a bit, I shrugged and turned back to my friends who were currently seeing who could yell "penis" the loudest.

How would it be to be a girl?

Eh, whatever. Why do I even care?

I guess I can only wonder.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

But what Ashton didn't know was that there was a girl that overheard the conversation between the boy and his best friends.

A girl with the power to make his wish come true.

-------------------

That was the first chapter! It was so cringy fml

Hope you guys are enjoying the story!

Abby xx