14 || Learn

Tears were shed by a man almost broken by his situation. Or, so it appeared by how often he went to dry his eyes.

Tessa had fledged the best far too early for Cade to properly commiserate, lingering within a cramped foyer of a city apartment block hugging his daughter for possibly the last time.

Rain pelted down, newly named Buzzkill (proudly bearing this name Brains had presented xer with accidentally) grumbled tetchily, thoroughly displeased with being stuck outside in horrible weather. Experiencing it for the first time, already hating it without a specific reason.

Sat inside, acting as chaperone, finally having bathed adorned in clean clothes and an ever so slightly torn jacket (thrift shop purchase. Bargain!) that sat a little too big on you.

With no room to complain, you took what you could without argument - besides it was a well put together outfit, unlike what you used to romp around in.

'Wilderness Gucci', so called by yourself in less forgiving moments.

Perhaps deeply unnecessary to be wearing sunglasses in terms of disguising yourself, but you rather not take such a risk.

Buzzkill having tinted windows certainly helped obscure any outstanding features, even with gawking onlookers halting just long enough to admire this random at a sports car only having recently become publicly available.

Still, there you sat. Wearing sunglasses.

In a car.

During rainfall.

Obviously you were growing increasingly bored as Cade prolonged his goodbyes, automatically reaching for the radio. Finger a hairs length away from its button before pausing, passing a glance towards Buzzkill "you cool with having the radio going?"

A scarcely audible hum passed by fleetingly, followed by a click. Coasting through several stations, severely picky over what was going on, till everything fell silent.

"Nothing interesting," xe reported non-committedly "just a bunch of people talking"

"Yeah? What about?"

Instead of answering in a straightforward fashion, Buzzkill tuned in to one of the local channels. Some hosts you couldn't name were discussing the weather, which felt pointless, although very quietly you asked to leave it on.

Silence wasn't something you were fond of.

Buzzkill hummed, nonplussed. Sour from both weather and his position, trapped in alt mode unless (on those very rare occasions) you could both split from the group in order for him stretch out.

Cross was still on your case about getting him destroyed. You ignored him.

On the radio, Hosts rambled about how it was a passing storm, meteorologists cautioning against Tornados. A typical weather report, really, for this time of year. Followed by traffic and any minor inconveniences.

Cade jogged on over to where you'd been parked the conversation had slowly turned into more politically pressing matters. Namely to do with Cybertronians. All that anyone was talking about these days ranging from concerned citizens to fascination.

"This all aside, I wanted to bring this to the table; Autobots have been recorded battling in Hong Kong - we've all seen the videos at this point, I mean who hasn't? - what do we think we should actually be doing with them?" one presenter jumped on his co hosts, earning a beat of silence "I mean, it's not as if we have some giant prison to hold them in"

Buzzkill subtly increased the volume, unlocking the passengers door for Cade to enter in all his soaked glory. Going as far as chucking his sodden flannel shirt into the back, slamming his door shut before blowing into his hands.