Prologue

Taehyung can't stop tapping his foot as he waited outside the door of a grand ball room. He inhaled deep and released a shaky breath when Felix Mendelssohn's Wedding March started.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the groom."

The door opened. Taehyung hesitantly stepped in and walked focusing on the altar at the end of the aisle. He passed by the orchestra and paced across two opposite rows of vacant seats adorned with yellow and white flowers.

His gaze landed on his father's face. His eyes had their corners filled with tears. He was gently patted by his husband on his shoulder, giving him a bedimpled beam. Taehyung only offered a small smile. For once, he'd try not to disappoint them.

He joined them and stood in front, waiting at the end of the aisle. He watched as his bride's father slowly marched up to the middle.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the bride."

The door opened.

But the bride was not there. Taehyung waited, eyeing the entrance.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the bride." The MC repeated.

The members of the orchestra stretched their necks to see the empty hall entry. The bride's father heaved a deep breath. Taehyung saw the evident rise and fall of his shoulders.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the bride." The MC tried again.

A woman appeared. But she wasn't who they were expecting. The old woman slowly walked in, eyes focused on the man at the middle of the aisle. She shook her head at him.

At the hotel's parking lot, Jungkook was desperately running.

"There!" Yoongi pointed at an incoming car. He was many meters ahead of him.

Jungkook stopped and removed his shoes.

"Fucking burdens!"

He harshly tossed the white high heeled pumps elsewhere and lifted the voluminous skirt of his wedding dress. The car screeched to a stop in front of Yoongi. He opened the door on the back side and let Jungkook in.

"Where to, sir?" The man driving the car asked as soon as Yoongi sat beside him.

"Anywhere, Secretary Park."

Jimin looked at him confused.

"Let's just get out of here first."

Yoongi looked back at Jungkook. He was wearily leaning back, eyes blank and panting. His one hand on his stomach.

"Are you okay?"

Jungkook did not reply. He just pulled the wig off his head. Jimin looked at him through the rear view mirror and saw that the color on his lids cannot hide the sadness in his eyes.

"Let's go, Secretary Park." His boss commanded.

Jimin drove out of the parking. Not even a full five minutes in, Yoongi's phone started incessantly ringing.

"It's your dad." He told Jungkook.

"I'll talk to him." He replied quietly.

Yoongi handed the phone and faced ahead to give Jungkook privacy. The younger took a deep a breath before answering the call.

"Dad."

"Where are you? Jungkook, what are you doing?" His voice was utterly disappointed.

"I can't. Dad, I can't do this."

"Kook, come back here."

"I don't want to. I can't marry him."

"What do you mean you can't? You should. He is the father of your child."