13: Rising, Rising

Hoseok stares at the skyline, deep in thought. A few feet away from him, on his desk, his laptop glares. On its screen was an article. And several others in tabs and pages. But they all pertain to the same thing. A blind item. A story about a conglomerate heir who has a hidden relationship with another man. The story spread like wildfire. It didn't take long for Jungkook's name to pop up in the list of persons of interest. It has specific clues that certainly point to him. The writer has yet to know anything about Taehyung. Before it's too late, Hoseok has already took the matter in his hands.

He went back to his seat and took a sip of coffee. He opened the chat thread of the company's stockholders and executives. Everyone demands for the acquittal of his son's name. It is bad for the company's reputation.

His phone rang.

"What is it?"

"Mr. Jang is here."

"Send him in."

Hoseok cleared his screen. As soon he was in front of him, Mr. Jang handed Hoseok a manila envelope. He swiftly grabbed the contents. They were photographs of Jungkook and Taehyung taken in a parking lot. Jungkook was touching Taehyung's face and then they were hugging. He meticulously checked at each one. He got to a new set of photos taken from a pojangmacha. Hoseok recognized by their clothes. It was during the night of the wreck of a family dinner.

"What does he want?"

"2.5 billion."

"We'll give it. With a few conditions." He said immediately.

Mr. Jang brought out a pad and pen.

"He's going to surrender all of the photographs including the camera and memory card he used. Every device he owns that has a capability to digitally store will be subject to inspection. He's going to write more articles to confuse the public. He should shift their focus somewhere else. Before he can publish, he should seek our approval first. Create a contract for our agreement. Consult our lawyer for the harshest penalty we can give once there's a breach."

Mr. Jang nodded.

"Tell the guards and the drivers that Jungkook and Taehyung are not allowed to be together in public anymore. Be vigilant. Reporters might be trailing for a scoop."

"Consider it done, sir."

■■■

"I hope he gives us a time off." Roseanne whined as she stretches her arms up.

"He will. They said the administration has already called the classes off for the celebration." Lisa responded.

"What do you plan to do? Will you stay?"

"I'd rather go to the office."

"Jungkook, how about we go on a date? We haven't been out in a while." Eunwoo joked.

Some people in the university alleged and gossiped that the blind item referred to Jungkook and his lover, Cha Eunwoo.

"Shut up." Jungkook countered.

A pair of girls was looking at them suspiciously.

"What are you looking at?" Eunwoo asked with an angelic smile.

The buzz in the hall grew louder when Taehyung stepped in. The students excitedly watched him, anticipating.

"Professor, what's that?"

One asked when she saw a bunch of paper in Taehyung's hands.

"You're going to answer them..." A chorus of disappointed sighs. "...and submit them next week."