18: End Game

Jungkook has just finished his leave application. It all went smoothly despite the looks here and there. He couldn't care less. He already has a lot in his mind. He's only been away from home for an hour but he's already feeling terrible, worrying about Gukkie. What if he realized that his mama is not with him? What if he ran out of milk? What if they can't stop him from crying? What if they can't get him to sleep? He's holed up in a gender-neutral restroom, waiting for Ms. Ji to answer his call.

He impatiently tapped his foot. Why is she not answering? He touched his breast. They were already swollen to its limit. He needs to go home. Or else, they will leak.

<I'm done. Please wait at the parking lot.> He texted his driver. He sent him to eat while waiting for him.

<I'm done. I'm going home. ♥> He sent Taehyung a message.

<You're on your way? Take care. ♥>

<Not yet. Still in the restroom. But I'm about to go.>

<Okay. See you later. ♥>

He placed his phone in his clutch and went for the door. On his way out, he came face to face with a man who seemed unusual for the place. It's obvious that he's in his mid-40s. Jungkook has not seen him before. He can't be a professor or a staff of the university.

He quickly avoided his eyes and walked away from him.

"Jeon Jungkook?"

The man called after him. Jungkook sped up, occasionally looking back. Like him, the man has picked up speed.

"Wait. I just have a few questions."

He bumped against people as he desperately put a distance between them.

"Jeon Jungkook!"

He started to panic. People's attention has already been drawn to him. He caught sight of the restroom exclusive for professors. The one where he hid when he got sick of cramps. He curtailed to it.

"Hey!"

He heard the man shout before he shut the door and locked it.

"Mr. Jeon...I mean, Mrs. Jeon, I'll just ask a few questions."

He endlessly knocked. Jungkook can't think. He shakily brought out his phone and mindlessly called Taehyung.

"Hey. Why?"

He heard him whisper. Then he realized, he's not supposed to ask him to come. He heaved a deep breath and ended the call.

Taehyung's forehead creased. Jungkook was quiet but he can hear loud knocks during the call. He stood from his desk and exited the lounge. He went to the Registrar's Office. He remembered he said he was in the restroom. He paced to it and halted, hesitating to where he should look. There were three doors. He's about to knock when the door of the gender-neutral opened. He gave an embarrassed smile to the man he saw inside.

He walked further to the lecture hall. The hallway towards it was oddly teeming with people. His feet drew him closer. A man unceasingly knocks on the restroom door.

"Hey! Hey! Mrs. Jeon."

Taehyung's blood ran cold. He marched towards him, chin raised and hand fisted, and forcefully gripped his shoulder.

"What do you think you're doing?" He coldly asked. "You have no business here. You're trespassing."

He shoved the man away from the door and knocked.

"Jungkook?"

Jungkook was gnawing on his fingers, trembling. Then, he heard Taehyung call.

"It's okay. It's me."