2: It's a Small World

The buzz inside the lecture hall intensifies as students poured in. Taehyung was sitting at the desk in front, arms crossed over it and looking over the faces of the people he will be with for one whole semester. There were suppressed squeals coming from the entrance and all over the room every now and then. He was never oblivious to the reason behind those. He knew why all of his classes were teeming. He understood why, despite his admittedly mediocre teaching, post graduate students were still begging to be in his class even if admission was already closed.

He granted each one of the students with a smile as they come to his table.

"Sign here and get one syllabus." He told each of them.

A girl with a long blonde hair and a corndog approached.

"Eating is not allowed inside the hall." He said while tilting his head to the sign on the wall nearby.

The girl sadly pouted and walked to leave the room. The guy behind her let out a short chuckle. There was a chorus of screeches coming from the back seats. Taehyung instinctively looked. He saw a group of girls holding each other. One of them waved to the guy he was with in front. He returned a tender smile before facing ahead to sign. The blonde girl returned without the food and the guy laughed pointing at her. She stuffed the corndog in her mouth.

A young woman came after several faces. She had a long light brown hair which gently curls at the end. Her eyes were lighter than everyone else. He wondered if they were natural. She has beautiful eyes. Taehyung leisurely looked at her. She broke into a sweet smile when she noticed him staring. But before Taehyung can respond, a noise erupted from the crowd.

Taehyung eyed the entrance. He could see several men in black. A girl with dark hair and full fringe peered through. Her smile widened when she spotted someone. Taehyung followed her line of sight and saw the blonde girl and the handsome guy waving at her. He returned his gaze to the door and his eyes widened.

Taehyung frantically grabbed the list on the table. He skimmed through and found his name.

"Jeon Jungkook." He murmured.

Jungkook walked to the table hand in hand with the girl. She smiled at Taehyung and stared at him for long. Taehyung stared back.

"Professor." She said. "Aren't we supposed to sign?"

She was pointing at the list of names in his hand.

"Oh. I'm sorry."

Jungkook was just standing there, looking at him like he hasn't seen him before. Taehyung subtly looked at where she's signing.

Lalisa Manobal. Hmm. From the family of restaurateurs.

"Here." She handed a pen to Jungkook.

Jungkook took it and signed. She grabbed two syllabi and handed one to him.

"Welcome to the class." Taehyung said. An attempt to elicit a response.

Jungkook smiled. Taehyung's brows furrowed. It wasn't a condescending or a sarcastic smile. It was nothing but an ordinary smile. He watched their back as they walked towards their friends to sit with them. The whole class was watching along with him.

Taehyung was stacking his stuff as soon as the bell rang.

"Are we all done for today? How about lunch?"

Taehyung overheard Roseanne Park. Her family is a family of renowned lawyers. He met her sister. She was present when his fathers and Jung Hoseok talked about the legalities of their agreement the other day.

"Yes. I'm starving."

Cha Eunwoo, on the other hand, is the youngest son of the family who owns the biggest mall in the country. He also sidelines as a model.