5: Shotgun

Taehyung was soullessly staring at the cup of rice in front of him. He placed a small amount in his mouth and proceeded to lazily chew. Seokjin was, as always, looking at him with judgement in his eyes.

"Do you have a problem?" He's tired of keeping it in. "You've been like that for days."

"You got someone pregnant?" Namjoon jested.

"That's not funny!" Seokjin scolded him. "Come on. You can tell us. Maybe we can help."

"It's nothing." Taehyung whined.

Seokjin threw him a sharp look. "If it's nothing, eat fast, take a bath and come with us to the market. You didn't even put on clothes, you lazy ass!"

Taehyung looked down on his boxer shorts. Then, they heard the doorbell ring.

"I'll get it." Namjoon volunteered.

"Thanks, honey."

"Oh. What brings you here?" They heard Namjoon exclaim.

"Who is it?" Seokjin asked.

Taehyung just shrugged his shoulders. Hoseok and Jungkook unexpectedly entered. Taehyung's eyes widened and he remembered the state he was in. He quickly got up and ran towards the room to get dressed. But the two has already spotted him in his glorious boxers. Jungkook dropped his gaze to the floor, his cheeks tinging.

"What brings you here?" Seokjin asked Hoseok.

"We need to talk about something."

"Sure. I'm sorry. The house is small."

"It's fine. I brought something by the way." Hoseok looked around. "I'll just ask Mr. Jang to bring them in later."

Seokjin nodded. "Please sit."

"We need Taehyung to be here too." Hoseok unbuttoned his coat before he sat. He patted the space beside him, coaxing Jungkook to sit.

"Sure. Taehyung! Come here!"

He sat on the floor, opposite the two on the couch. Namjoon joined him. Taehyung meekly paced towards them, head down. Somehow, he knew what's about to happen. He lowered to sit, his knees buckling.

"I know our visit is unexpected. And what I will say will come to you as a shock. I never thought that it would come to this too. But as a father, I'm here to demand that Taehyung be responsible for Jungkook."

Seokjin's forehead creased. Namjoon's mouth gaped. Taehyung closed his eyes. Jungkook swallowed.

"I'm sorry?" Seokjin asked.

"He got someone pregnant." Namjoon murmured.

"Your Taehyung got my Jungkook pregnant." Hoseok explained.

Seokjin's head slowly turned to face Taehyung. "You've been together?"

Taehyung timidly nodded. "Sorry."

"The circumstances were accidental. But still, your actions resulted to a life. Jungkook told me that he'll raise the child alone and we don't have to bother Taehyung. But I will not let him. That child is the future of our family. My grandchild. And I will not allow him or her to have anything less." He looked squarely at Taehyung, eyes filled with resolve. "You will marry Jungkook. I demand that you should. Or I'll have you be responsible in any way I can. Even in ways I won't be proud of."

Seokjin straightened his back. "He will. Of course. He will marry him." He stated resolutely. He gave Taehyung a serious lingering look. "Taehyung is a man of honor. He won't run away from the responsibility." Then he turned to Jungkook. "Can I ask, how long have you been?"