6: Can't Fight The Feeling

Taehyung happily walked to the lecture hall, whistling. It was a Monday morning unlike the usual. He didn't know why but he woke up feeling good. He figured he'll have a great week ahead. Maybe it was because of the rejuvenating sleep he had. Or perhaps it was the scrumptious breakfast his father made. Or maybe, because of another day to have the chance to impart knowledge to his students. That's just what he tells himself.

He sat at his desk and waited for the hall to be filled.

"Good morning, professor." The girl with fair eyes greeted.

"Good morning." He beamed. "Just place your paper here." He pointed at a spot on the table.

Jungkook shortly approached and nonchalantly laid his in front of Taehyung. He's uncertain if it's appropriate but he was disappointed that the younger did not greet him. Nor even looked at him. Taehyung's eyes lingered on Jungkook's back as he slowly climbed his way to the back rows. Suddenly, the great week was off to a bad start.

He huffed as he rearrange the papers he's so far collected when he unexpectedly caught sight of a piece of paper dangling from the stack. He swiftly slid it towards him. It looked like ears. Two long bunny ears. He slowly lifted the pages and little by little, a face appeared. It was a cute drawing of a face with bunny ears, large doe eyes and heart shaped lips.

Gukkie says hi! And oh, we'll see you later! J

Taehyung read what was written on the back while stopping himself from grinning. He lifted his gaze to subtly eye Jungkook. He had his head down and Taehyung might be imagining it but he thought his cheeks were tinged. Taehyung failed. He broke into a smile, looking on the ground. A peal of squeals erupted all over the hall.

"W-why?" Taehyung asked, eyes wide and trying to act nonchalant.

"Professor, did you remember something?"

"Are you in love?"

"Aww. What a lucky girl."

"Stop saying nonsense." He quipped.

Taehyung sent Jungkook out with a tender gaze when their class ended.

At the cafeteria, he was picking food during lunch time when he crossed his mind.

"Did he eat already?" He asked.

He took his phone out to text Jungkook. But then, he hesitated.

It wouldn't be weird if I ask him if he already ate, right? I mean, if he hasn't, my baby hasn't too.

He started to type.

He might think that I like him! Fuck.

He deleted.

But I will look like an irresponsible and heartless fiancé and father if I don't.

He typed a message again.

<It's lunch time. Have you eaten?>

He stared at what he's written and took a deep breath before pressing send.

<Not yet. Why?>

<What do you mean why?> Taehyung let out a frustrated sigh. <Gukkie will be hungry.>

<Right. I'm sorry. But I'm almost done.>

<With what? Eat first.>

<I can't. I have to finish something first. It's due in 30 min.>

<Where are you?>

<Why?>

<Where are you?>