19: Forever and Always

Taehyung turned the shower off and reached for the towel. He harshly rubbed his head dry and proceeded to wipe his whole body before wrapping it around his waist. He got off the shower to stand before the mirror.

"Honey?" He called.

No one answered. He grabbed a toner and poured an amount on his palm. Then, he rubbed his hands together and lightly tap them on his face. He exited the bathroom and found a white cotton shirt, khaki cut off shorts and black underwear neatly lain on the bed. He wore them and went to the nursery.

As usual, he spotted Jungkook there. He was on the floor with Gukkie who was seated in his rocker. He was hiding behind his hands.

"Peekaboo!"

Gukkie let out a shrill, hearty cackle. Taehyung's lips curved. Jungkook is the funniest person in the world for their little one. He laughed and then sighed. Taehyung will bet that he's probably done that for a hundredth time. Gukkie babbled.

"More? But I'm tired."

He stared at him waiting. Jungkook hung his head down for a few seconds and hid his face once again.

"Peekaboo!"

Their little prince laughed like he's seen it for the first time.

"No more."

He stared again. Two sets of large doe eyes regarded each other. Gukkie whined. Jungkook slumped to the floor. Taehyung loudly chuckled.

"You wanna take a bath now?" He asked Jungkook.

The younger just hummed. Taehyung did even understand what it meant.

"Go. Dad will arrive in a few hours." He joined them on the floor.

Jungkook sluggishly sat. "Should we really go?"

He sighed exasperatedly. "Don't you cancel again this time."

"Why do we have to leave? There's a pool and a bed here. Why do we have to go?"

"You promised me." He said sternly. "You promised you'll try to rest and relax."

"Let's just bring Gukkie."

"We'll bring him some other time. When he's older. Baby, it's just one night."

Jungkook weakly stood.

"Go." He slapped his rear.

Gukkie is almost eight months but Jungkook has not left his side ever since. The longest time did not even exceed three hours. It's hard for him to be away from Gukkie. But they deemed that he should at least try. He's been tired. And sad of feeling tired. He guiltily admitted. Taehyung assured him that it's fine to rest. Nevertheless, he still didn't. So Taehyung is forcing him to.

When Jungkook left, Taehyung carried Gukkie in his arms and rocked him around.

"We'll be leaving for a night. Be a good boy. Okay?"

His son was busy grabbing his nose.

"Aish. Are you listening?" He said, pretending to be mad.

He giggled.

"Why are you not listening?" He nipped his chubby cheeks with his lips. "Answer me."

Gukkie was quickly reduced into a giggling mess.

"What time are you leaving?"

Seokjin suddenly came in.

"Oh. You're here?" He asked, still forcefully peppering the baby's face with kisses.