39

Studying for six hours is literally Clyde's strong suit. She has done it since she has figured out that it is literally the best way for her to study for exams. Other methods haven't been so helpful, even though her personal method is honestly more difficult.

But Clyde has finished those six hours, and now, she is walking back to her dorm room. It is definitely exhausting to study then immediately go for a walk, but Clyde has something important to do tonight, and she will feel completely horrible if she misses it.

Today is the eleventh of November, and someone very special has finally released to the world something she has been working on for a long time. And Clyde will obviously never miss a celebration so meaningful and so special, especially since it happens rarely.

Does Clyde even care that she has a test tomorrow? Not really. She has already studied, though it certainly doesn't seem like it will be enough for her to pass. Clyde truly doesn't care, though, because there are more important matters she wants to attend to.

With a hand gripping the backpack strap over her shoulder, Clyde swiftly checks if she is standing by the right door and slowly turns the door handle. She steadily, silently takes a careful step inside, immediately finding her new best friend and roommate.

"You're gonna be alone tonight," Clyde announces.

"You're finally going to a party?"

"I literally told you three that I will never go to one."

She noiselessly kicks the door closed behind her, nonchalantly walking to her bed. Clyde speedily drops her heavy backpack onto the floor and melodramatically falls backwards onto the not-so-comfortable mattress, but she still lets out a relieved sigh.

Taking a few faint breaths, Clyde turns her head to the side and watches her roommate's eyes stare directly at her laptop screen, eyebrows furrowed as she continues to read and type. Clyde quietly clears her throat as she prepares herself to ask a question.

"Kate."

And the only response Clyde receives is a completely uninterested hum.

"Do you have any alcohol?" Clyde says through a mumble.

"Duh."

Clyde shuffles a little on her bed, staring up at the ceiling as she pulls her wallet out from her front pocket. She takes a brief peek inside to see if she still has some money left over, and she hums to herself once she confirms that she probably has enough.

"Can I buy it?" Clyde asks.

"Buy it? Do you think we're not friends?" is Kate's reply.

"I just know alcohol is expensive."

"Do you think I'd spend that much money?"

Once Clyde takes a second to think about it, she shakes her head. In response, Kate gets up from her chair and treads to the corner of the room, quickly moving random things out of her way before reaching into her stash and pulling an unopened bottle out.

Clyde sits up once she notices that Kate is walking to her bed. She mumbles a thanks as Kate quickly hands her the glass bottle, and she doesn't even take a minute-long glance at it before immediately stashing it into her bag, making sure it won't break.

"Where are you going, anyway?" Kate asks.

"Meeting someone."

"You have a girlfriend?"

"I didn't say that," Clyde says, "I'm just meeting someone."

"You're meeting up with your girlfriend, then."