31

It was now early November, about a month since Clyde had reconnected with Taylor.

While it hadn't been such a long time, Clyde and Taylor were now close friends. They had been having many late-night hangouts, when the moon was up in the sky and illuminated the city, helping them hide from the prying, scrutinizing eyes of the public.

Even during nights where they were busy and had overbooked schedules, they somehow always made time to sneak out and about with one another. And they clearly always had the best time, even though they had to return to their own lives when the night was over.

It was a few days after their first late-night adventure when Taylor had decided that they should walk instead of being driven around the city. And Clyde was obviously a big fan of that idea, because she truly preferred the peaceful slowness of walking.

Ever since then, Clyde had made Taylor walk around with her while hiding in plain sight. It was definitely harder than being in a car with dark, tinted windows, but there was nothing better than getting a sudden rush of adrenaline running through their veins.

They had gone out to get milkshakes an hour ago, since Clyde hadn't drunk a milkshake in two days. She had definitely gotten addicted to them during those two weeks she was in Nashville, and Taylor was obviously very happy to help Clyde get her fix.

Now, they were casually walking to Taylor's apartment.

Clyde had been visiting Taylor's place whenever she could, which was almost every night. She would only stay there for a few hours before heading back to her own apartment, but Taylor almost always told her to stay for a little longer, even for just a minute.

"I think we drink too many milkshakes."

"I think you do," Taylor said, arching a brow at Clyde.

"Don't act like you don't steal my milkshakes," Clyde chuckled.

"I don't steal them! You willingly give them to me."

Clyde could only hum in response, knowing Taylor's words were certainly right, and there was no way for her to deny that. She eyed the cup in Taylor's hand, watching a droplet of condensation roll down, before her gaze snapped towards Taylor's face.

Her eyes carefully traced over Taylor's delicate features, something she had been doing for the past few nights. Clyde's mind couldn't give her a single, real reason why she kept doing it, but Clyde didn't need one. She simply liked looking at Taylor.

But, suddenly, Clyde felt herself being forcefully shoved. Her face instantly morphed into an appropriately offended expression as she stopped walking, gasping dramatically. Her hand immediately made contact with Taylor's shoulder, giving her a light hit.

"How dare you?" Clyde lightheartedly said.

"You were staring at me again."

"Okay? I'm sure your fans stare at you, too."

Taylor responded by playfully rolling her eyes, mumbling a few words to herself. She then shoved Clyde again, but with slightly less strength. But "slightly" certainly didn't mean no strength at all, which meant that Clyde was still shoved with a lot of power.

Clyde retaliated by gently grabbing Taylor's wrist and pulling the milkshake cup towards her, bravely taking a long sip through the straw. She looked directly into Taylor's eyes as she happily stole her drink, laughing loudly as she steadily pulled away.

She honestly expected Taylor to shove her again, but Taylor resumed walking instead. A chortle escaped Clyde's lips as she speedily caught up, finding herself moving alongside Taylor and enjoying the comforting feeling of having Taylor next to her.