CHAPTER-8

Avneet: tum jaanti ho.... aage kya hua tha..

(You know what happened next.. )

Her voice is stern but her emotions are clear. Uranshi was surprised to see his reaction but she did not consider it necessary to ask any questions in this situation.

***

Avneet pov:

After everyone left, we all went to the pond which was decorated for the last ritual...The ritual is in which the bride and groom light lamps together and flow them into the pond to thank God. There are only family members there... Siddharth's two brothers leave from there on the pretext of some work. That's why there were only my parents and my sisters...and Siddharth's father and some soldiers for security. 

Siddharth and I had just lit the lamps when I heard the screaming voice of my mother who was standing behind me. I turned back in a hurry and the lamp touched my feet and fell into the pond, but at that time I was not concerned for it...I was concerned for my mother. As soon as I turned back, tears started flowing from my eyes. 

Someone had shot an arrow at my mother's back. I ran to her and kept her head in my lap, meanwhile, my eyes went to the fort in front where I saw both the brothers of Siddhartha. They had bows in their hands...they both had killed my mother...I still remember everything clearly. My sisters came running to me..and started patting my mother.. my dad started caressing my mother's hands that she should not close her eyes... My eyes fell on siddartha who was looking at his father . As if he doesn't know anything... he doesn't even know that all this is the work of his and his family. But it was not less Siddharth came towards me and sat on his knees in front of my mother..

Siddartha:hume kshma kijiyega... maa ..hum aapka khyaal n rkh ske..

(I am sorry... Maa.. I could not take care of you..)

There was a pain in his eyes.. I have to admit that no one else can act better than him. He was calling my mother, his mother, with his bad language... and I was letting him call this... Was I crazy, wasn't I... I was crazzzyyy. i was telling him to fix my mom.

Me: siddartha.. dhekho n, maa aankhe band kar rhi h..bolo n inhe ye apni aankhe khole..ye tumhari jyada sunti h..

(Siddharth..look, mother is closing her eyes..tell her not to open her eyes..she listens more to you..)

(chuckled) Whom was I talking to..the one who did this to her..of course, his family was also included in that but he betrayed me the most. both my sisters were crying..

Vani: (while crying)maa.. kuchh nhi hoga aapko...aankhe kholiye n..

(Mother... nothing will happen to you... open your eyes.)

vaishnavi:(while patting her)maa.. dhekhiye hum aapko bata the h ..naatak mat kijiye warna hum aapse gussa ho jayeinge..

(Mom.. see, I told you:..don't do drama otherwise I will get angry with you..)

Both were trying to wake up my mother by crying badly..where my mother was groaning in pain.

Dad: kuchh nhi hoga tumhe .. maharaj Vikram aap waha khare kyu h.. jldi se kisi achchhe se chikitsak ko bulaiye...inki haalt gambhir ho rhi h ..