CHAPTER-16

SKIP TO AFTERNOON:

Avneet was in Siddharth's room because according to Rajmata, if she was not supporting him in all her work, she would be thrown out of the palace and would not be involved in any work related to the palace.

Avneet: Tumhe aisa lagta kyu h ki hum tumhari baat maanenge.

(Why do you think that I will listen to you?)

Siddhartha(shouts): kyuki tum yaha humari daasi bankar aai ho to tumhe humari baat maanni padegi.

(Since you have come here as my slave, you will have to obey me.)

Avneet(sarcastic tone): to agar aapko itna kuchh maalum h to ye bhi pata hoga ki itna kuchh sirf humne aap par apni najar rakhne ke liye kiya h.

(So if you know so much then you will also know that I have done so much just to keep an eye on you.)

Siddhartha(holding her shoulder tightly): Agar hum par najar rkhna itna hi pasand h to humesha sath raho or rakho par filhaal hume akele jaane do.

(If you like keeping an eye on me so much then stay with me always and keep me, but for now let me go alone.)

Avneet: bakwas mat karo tum. samjhe. tum ye sab isliye kar rahe ho n taki hume mahal se phekh diya jaye.

(Don't talk nonsense. Got it. You are doing all this so that I can be thrown out of the palace.)

Siddhartha: tum samjh kyu nahi aata h waha par vo mahesh bhi aaya hua h.

(Why don't you understand that Mahesh has also come there.)

Avneet: hn .. pata h isliye jaa rhi hu or tumhe kyu itni phikar ho rhi h or waise bhi tumme or uss mahesh me pharak hi kya h .

(Yes.. I know, that's why I am going and why are you so worried and anyway what is the difference between you and that Mahesh.)

siddhartha: tum uss jaise ghatiya insaan se meri barabari karan band krogi.

(You will stop equating me with a cheap person like him.)

Avneet: Why should I..huh..and I am saying the right thing. What was said wrong? Yes, I said it wrong, you are an even worse person than that. You cheated on me behind my back. You killed my parents and tried to take my life.

Siddhartha:(He speaks as if he is about to cry)Please shut your mouth for God's sake.

Avneet: Why are you not hearing your truth?

Siddhartha:(tries to ignore her ) You don't know about that Mahesh.

Avneet: Whatever I wanted to know, I know it.

Before Siddharth can say anything, a servant comes and says that everyone is waiting for him in the garden. And Avneet quickly keeps her veil and starts coming with Siddharth. And even Siddharth could not say anything because of the second maid who was with him.

***

Everyone reaches the garden and there are four royal chairs arranged in a royal manner. And both Siddharth's brothers and Mahesh were already sitting there. Siddharth also goes to his place and sits quietly. Avni also stands calmly behind him.

Mahesh: yuvraj siddhartha, bahut khushi hui aap se milkar.

(Prince Siddharth, very nice to meet you.)